Chapter 22

I slowly woke up when I felt the cubs wander away from my body. I turned my head to find them going to the bathroom in the litter box. After that, they came over and started to suckle, waking up Lanze. He slowly sat up, stretching. He watched them eat as he leaned against my fur.

      "This is so soft." He cooed as he sunk deeper into my fur. I nuzzled him before licking his cheek. His blue eyes sparkled when he recieved the attention from me. After the cubs were done eating, they were all playing together. I watched from where I sat, slightly happy. I then heard my stomach rumble, making me blush like hell. Lanze looked to me, smiling. "Hungry?"

      I nodded.

      "I have a surprise for you. I asked the chief yesterday if Harvey could meet you, and he agreed." Lanze smiled.

      "Really?" I picked up my head in surprise. It made me a little suspicious of the chief but I'm glad Lanze went out of his way to do this for me. "Should we get ready?"

     "There's no rush. I haven't even told Harvey yet. To ensure your safety, I'm planning for you two to meet on an island." Lanze told me.

      "That's fine. I want to see the sunlight again. Is it all right if you take me on shore first?" I asked him, reverting back to my human skin, giving him my best puppy eyes.

      "That's fine." He placed a hand on my head. I smiled as I scooped my cubs into my arms.

      Lanze blew a bubble over by the exit and had me walk into it. He helped me down gently before he pushed the bubble into the water. We slowly went into the ocean and I saw several guards come with us. When we got to the island, Lanze helped me out. I smiled at him before I walked over to the nearby shade and settled down. The cubs anxiously played around while Lanze went to get Harvey.

       I yawned as I leaned against the palm tree. I was still sleepy since I didn't get much sleep. I was up most of the night on alert for the merman chief. I wasn't sure that he wouldn't try anything to my children. I would cooperate for now but I wouldn't be for long. Especially since I felt a foreboding feeling envelope me. I then heard faint splashing. I looked up to see Harvey swimming, Shen and Alva flying in the air. I walked up the shoreline with a smile upon my face. Lanze popped from the water with a smile upon his face. He laid down in a provocative manner his tail moving back and forth.

      "I've brought him." He smiled at me.

      "Thank you." I smiled, kissing his cheek. He blushed like hell, while his head was in the clouds. "Harvey!" I screamed as I ran up and pulled him in his human form into my embrace. I nuzzled him, tears slowly streaming down.

      "How are you?" Harvey immediately went into doctor mode. He placed my his hand over my wrist, taking my pulse. He sighed when I came back in perfect health.

      "I'm fine, hun." I chuckled, cupping his cheek. His eyes then wandered over to his cubs. I gently nudged him over to them. The cubs ran up to their father, happier than hell. I looked to the palm trees. Shen and Alva's eyes were filled with relief when they saw me. I smiled at them. I could feel the mermen angrily stare down Harvey and the other two. "Harvey, let's talk under the shade. It's too bright here and my skin is drying up."

     The mermen guards looked hesitant but Lanze intervened, thankfully.

      "Then go." Lanze said as he shifted to his human skin. I smiled at Lanze.

      "Thank you." I smiled and dragged Harvey over to the shade, deeper into the palm tree woods. We sat down and talked a bit. After he made sure that I was okay, he dropped a big bomb shell.