Chapter 13

I sighed as I touched the snow. It was the first snow fall since the raining ice two days ago. The boy pups were playing in their dog forms while the girls played in their human forms. They were happily playing in the snow, throwing snow balls at their older siblings. I watched them as they played. Kaede and Gramps stayed inside since the cold was hard on their bones. Mom was enjoying the fresh air with Sango and Miroku. My mates were all outside as well. Shuu had to leave early this morning since he needed to be security and help distribute something for the community.

      Inuyasha, Kohaku and Sota were playing with the children, having fun. It seemed that they were slowly getting used to living here. I still felt bad that they were sucked into this world. Sesshomaru came over to me, holding my hands.

      "You hands are cold. Stop playing in the snow, let's go inside." Sesshomaru gently told me.

     "Okay." I nodded. We were about to go inside when a roar broke through the air. It sounded a lot like a tiger. "Winston, that roared sounded different. Do you know what's going on?" I asked.

     "The ape king discovered a strange nectar that warms your body after you drink it. He distributes the nectar to females during the first ice fall of year to prevent females from catching a cold." Winston told me.

      "Warming nectar? Sounds a lot like wine or whiskey." I mumbled.

     Suddenly I was scooped up into Sesshomaru's arms. It would seem he wanted me to drink some so I wouldn't catch a cold. Miroku was bringing Sango. Mom said she would stay home. Inuyasha was bringing Rin. Parker scooped up Izayoi and Inukimi, placing them into my arms. He suggested that I should bring the pups. The boys followed beside us. We were soon off with our little group and the rest of them were guarding the house.

                               *****

      We were soon at the ape king's castle. Sesshomaru held me close to him with the girls. Thankfully he wasn't carrying me so I could stay by the children. I looked up, finding Shuu talking to another male guard.

      "Kagome." He smiled as he came over to me.

      "Shuu." I smiled and gave him a hug.

     "Dada Shuu." The kids cooed.

     "Hey pups." He smiled at the children. "I'll walk you in. Follow me."

      We followed Shuu inside the castle. I looked around in awe, it reminded me of a temple back home. Suddenly a familiar scent filled my nose. I mentally was burning with rage.

      "You're finally here." Ape king came over, then gasped when he saw Izayoi and Inukimi in my arms. "You had two females?" The ape king said, a little too loudly. Everyone then focused on me. I gulped as I help my pups closer to me. 

      "Ape king." I bowed my head to him.

      "Please go inside, it's warmer. But the room isn't very big, so your male won't need to come with you." He told me. I nodded as my pups came closer to me. Rin held onto my skirt as she came closer to me. Sango stood beside her to protect her from the eyes of the males.

      "Don't be afraid. I'm in charge of the food, so I can watch over you inside." Shuu smiled. I softly sighed with relief, nodding. I kissed Sesshomaru before I left with our group. "Here." He said as he opened the door for me.

      "Thank you Shuu." I giggled.

     "Dada Shuu loves momma." Izayoi and Inukimi teased. I blushed as well as Shuu.

      "Oh~. I didn't think you'd dare to come here." A sickening voice already fouled my mood. I turned my eyes to Rosa. "Kagome Taisho."

      I just ignored her while I held Izayoi and Inukimi on each of my hips. My boys circled around me and their sisters to make sure we weren't threatened. I noticed that Rosa's wolf cubs tried something but my pups only had to glare at them before they slinked away.