Chapter 19

Muir made me walk next to him since I didn't want to be carried. I watched as the trees started to grow bigger and thicker as we went deeper into the forest. He held my hand, gently stroking my knuckles with his thumb.

     "Is this where the peacock clan lives?" I asked Muir when we got closer to their territory. Before he could answer me, I heard a cooing noise above me. I looked up, finding a beautiful peacock with its feathers out on display.

      I suddenly shifted into a tall male. He had long straight green hair with two peacock feathers framing the left side of his handsome face. He had a green obtuse looking triangles underneath each green eye. This told me he was a double marked beastmen. He also had a beautiful dark blue tribal tattoo on his left shoulder. Around his hip was a light fabric, green skirt.

      He glared down at us, emitting his power

      He glared down at us, emitting his power. "Leave!" He ordered. "You're in our territory."

     The sound of many bird calls made me look up. There was indeed many peacocks inside the trees. Muir pushed me gently behind him, shielding me from the threat.

      "We are being chased by a feral beast, and Kagome is pregnant." Muir pushed me closer to him. "We had no choice but come to you for help." His eyes narrowed at the peacock male. "We all know how important pregnancy is. You wouldn't abandon her, would you?" He growled.

      The peacock male looked down at my leg and saw the snake mark. His brows furrowed a bit with disgust.

     "A snake?" He looked back to Muir.

     "That's right." Muir nodded. 

    "Fine, but don't make trouble for us." The male sighed and turned around. I sighed with relief as Muir let me back out.

      "Perfect." I smiled up at Muir. He lovingly looked down at me, stroking my cheek. In the corner of my eye, I saw the peacock male flinch. He then cleared his throat.

     "We won't fight for a female outsider, though." He told us.

     "That's fine. Thank you though." I smiled. "I just need shelter to recover. I won't get in your way and help around the clan if you need it."

     Muir frowned.

     "Ah, ah. No they are giving us shelter. No freebies mister." I huffed. Muir rolled his eyes but he nodded, knowing it was best not to piss me off. He removed the small sack he had on his shoulder. He wanted to make sure it looked like I had something so they didn't question my jewel.

     "Just wait here for me to pick you up." Muir told me.

     "Okay, I'll be fine. But please be careful." I told him.

     He leaned in kissed my cheek before gently rubbing my stomach. I blushed as he walked away a good distance before taking flight.

     "You're quite docile." The male peacock said, startling me since I didn't hear him come over.