Chapter 29

The next couple of weeks I didn't see Sango since she was recovering and she and Miroku were trying to make a schedule. They seemed to comprehend everything, which was good. They named their little girls, Kin'u and Gyokuto. I was in my dog form for the last couple of days.

I was in our room, getting ready for the new day. I started to walk over when I felt like I pissed myself. I looked down and found a large amount of water on the ground. I knew immediately what this meant. I walked over to the wall, leaning against the stone. I summoned a couple of luminous pearls and placed them around before I laid down. I panted as I started to go through contractions.

I gave a howl, which echoed through the house. I soon heard a pounding of footsteps. The cloth door to this room opened, showing my mammal mates faces as well as my mom's and Mother Inukimi. I had a feeling that Rin, Sota and Kohaku were watching the pups and cubs while Inuyasha, Ginta and Hakaku were guarding the family. Lyell was probably watching the peachicks. Shen, Alva, Muir and Lanze were taking care of the family.

Mom saw the puddle on the ground and immediately knew what was going on. She ran over to the railing and called down to Muir to ready a tub of boiling water. I summoned mom's supplies as she then began to order my mates around to help us get everything ready. I saw Sesshomaru come over and lifted my head into his lap. He gently kept me calm while everyone else milled about. I looked up at my mate. His golden eyes showed his concern and worry for me. I nuzzled in closer to him.

I groaned as the pain started to form in my body. My nails dug in the stone. Sesshomaru helped me focus on my breathing since I had a tendency to freeze up when I'm in pain. When the contraction passed, I sighed with relief but panted like hell. I saw Shuu clean up the puddle of amniotic fluid.

"Mate, open up the link to me." Sesshomaru told me. "I want to help shoulder your pain."

"This is internal pain not external." I arched a brow at him. He just gave me a glare. I rolled my eyes and opened the link to him. He blinked when he felt nothing. I chuckled as I laid my head upon his lap. It will only begin soon. Five minutes passed, then another contraction hit. I grunted in pain, my nails once again digging. I heard Sesshomaru's breath hitch. I looked up to him, seeing his eyes widen. When the contraction died, he let out a breath.

"God damn." He whispered. "I knew you were strong mate but this beyond strength."

"You're sweet but it is just beginning. The contractions aren't two minutes apart yet." I chuckled. "The first few pregnancies were quick. I have a feeling this is going to be a while. Some labors last for days."

"Fascinating, but horrible. And we men put you though that." Sesshomaru frowned.

"Ah, it all goes away as soon as we hold the child." I smiled. "If I didn't want any more kids, I would take preparations to not become pregnant." I nuzzled him.

Another contraction soon hit, I grunted as I focused on the pain. I glanced to my mate who insisted to have the link open. His eyes were squinting as the pain pooled in my lower region. I took a long breath once the contraction passed.

An hour passed when the contractions were two minutes apart. I was more fascinated at how my mate was handling this pain than I was. He had a bit of sweat on him as he silently grunted as another hit me. He was entertaining me so that I didn't notice the pain anymore but he didn't know that. Mom put her gloves and went to my back end.

"Just checking. You know the routine." She smirked. I nodded and moved my tail. I felt her reach in to feel inside. My eye twitched as I felt slight discomfort. Sesshomaru slightly squirmed underneath my head. I bit my bottom lip as I tried to hold back my laughter. "Your fully dialted sweetheart. When you feel the urge, push."