Chapter 41

I groaned as I slowly woke up. I flinched when I felt a wave of pain settle in my lower half. I faintly remembered what happened. I had hemorrhaged and became unconscious. I guess mom managed to stop the bleeding otherwise I would probably be dead. I have a feeling after this incident, I probably won't give birth for a while. I remember my mates faces filled with horror, worry and anguish.

     Luckily I was still in my dog form, so I would be able to feed my babies. I looked down to my lower half, finding that I had stopped bleeding. I then glanced around the room, finding all six of my daughters on the straw mattress, sleeping soundly. I smiled happily as I stiffly got to my feet and hobbled over to my babies. I soon heard a gasp come from the room entrance. I turned my head to the source and I saw Sesshomaru standing there. He was holding a tub of hot water with several towels, washcloths and my bathing supplies. I guess he was going to help give me a shower but he didn't know I was going to be awake. He was such a sweetheart.

     He gently placed the tub over to the side along with everything before he peeked his head out. I heard him shout down to Parker to bring up some food so he could feed me after he bathed me. I heard a faint response but I guess it was a good response. I had a feeling Sesshomaru didn't want to overwhelm me from all my love crazed males. That was probably why he didn't mention that I was awake.

     "Mate, come over here first and I'll clean you up." He softly said.

     I looked at my babies for a moment, noticing that they were in a deep sleep. I shouldn't wake them. I stiffly turned and walked over to Sesshomaru. I shifted to my human skin and somehow was able to stand up. Suddenly I was pulled into a warm embrace.

    Sesshomaru held me close to him, nuzzling the crook of my neck. His body was shaking so badly as he took deep breaths of my scent. He was trying to calm himself and his beast down. My heart clenched in sadness as I wrapped my arms around him. I held him close to me, nuzzling him back.

     "How long have I been out?" I asked.

     "Half a day." He whispered weakly. "I... I... I thought I lost you."

     "I'm okay Maru. Mom was the best in her field, she wouldn't let me die so easily." I comforted him. "Besides, you know I'm a stubborn ass. I wouldn't leave you all alone. We have to see our children grow up and find themselves mates."

     He weakly laughed. "You are a stubborn one. That's one of the many things that attracted me to you." He laid his forehead against my shoulder. "I was terrified that I would lose you again. I couldn't picture my life without you. If it wasn't for the children, I probably would have joined you in the afterlife."

     "Maru..." I sighed before I held him closer to me. "I won't leave any of you. I promise."

     "You better keep that promise." He scolded.

     "Of course. Not until we are old and wrinkly." I smiled at him. He chuckled and looked at me with those soft golden pools. He smirked.

     "You know that will not be for a very long time."

     "That's why my words hold truth. Demons live a very long time. So I plan on staying here for a very long time." I chuckled.

     "Okay." He smiled as he gave me a deep kiss, one filled with warmth and love.

                               ****

    I summoned a stool for me to sit on. Sesshomaru carefully and lovingly washed me. He was being careful of my lower region as well. I insisted that I would do it but he declined me. He kept saying that I went through a battle that he couldn't comprehend and he was going to spoil me. I tilted my head in confusion. I just gave birth that's all but hey I don't mind this special treatment. I feel blessed at this moment.