Chapter 17

The weather progressed into the worst scenario. The earth became drier and rivers became creeks. They quickly dried up completely after the Ape King's prediction, and even the lake showed signs of drought. Then, the animals in the mountains started to migrate. There were ten thousand beastmen in and around the city that relied in the forest for food. If that was gone, then they would be forced to move, too.

       When we went through our reserves, I had to summon water to make sure my family was hydrated. After the third day of this, I decided to do something about it.

      I walked into the city, finding the stage was clear. I walked up onto the stage and sat down cross legged to get comfortable. I was glad I decided to wear my long skirt so everyone couldn't see underneath. I saw several beastmen stop and watch at what I was doing. I heard stampeding of feet come from Tiger Castle. I knew they would try to stop me so I had to work quickly.

       I took a deep breath, folded my hands over each other and closed my eyes. I focused on my reiki in my body, it slowly swirling around inside it. I then swirled the yokai and strength I recieved from my spouses in within my reiki, intensifying it. With another deep breath, I pushed the reiki out of my body, shooting it into the air.

     I opened my eyes to see my blue reiki wrap around my body. My hair floated around me as my power grew. I glanced up to the sky, seeing clouds swirl and darken. The beastmen started to gather around when they saw the pillar of light. More so when my mates were shouting at me. They couldn't do anything now that I activated it. If they tried to get me out of this state forcibly, dire consequences would ensue.

       The storm clouds swirled around, until it was at least twenty miles. Well, that's how much I could push it put comfortably. A small barrier formed around me before it started to rain. I closed my eyes with a smile, putting my head down to a comfortable position. I could feel my body go into a meditative state. I could feel my reiki drain, well up, drain, well up but with more in reserve, then drain again. With this move, I was able to increase my reiki output. But it also cost greatly.

       If this went wrong, I would lose my ability to use reiki but also become crippled. I was willing to go through it for my family. I just have to focus and do what I needed and not over do it. I could feel my reiki grow stronger as it continued to drain and refill.

      This told me I could drop one of my spouses strength. I cut off Harvey's strength, my body slightly shaking as it lost it. I kept my body from fainting by clenching my hands, the pain made me keep awake. I heard the rain start to pour down more. The beastmen were cheering as they danced around in the streets.

      My reiki spiked up again, stronger, telling I needed to lose another strength. I slowly removed Shuu's strength. My body felt numb doing this and I felt woozy. I clenched my hands once more, pushing the pain through my body. The rain was doing a decent pour, sounding like it would last a couple of hours.

      My reiki grew stronger once more, telling me to drop another. I removed Parker's strength from me. I felt a headache come on as I did so. I softly groaned but kept straight. My body shook again.

      My reiki did it again, making me drop Muir's strength. A shiver went through my body, making me feel cold. The headache started to pound, telling me a lot of pressure was forming.

      The strength of my reiki went up again, making me drop Winston's strength. My body was shaking now and I couldn't stop it. I clenched my hands tighter.

      When the flare up of reiki happened again, I removed Curtis' strength. My body was shaking so bad now. The pain wasn't keeping the me awake much more. The pounding of my head was very strong now.