Chapter 34

I went to Molly's house finding Edward in a horrible condition. The stench of medicinal herbs and rotting flesh already swarmed the place. My brows furrowed when I realized how fast a male could recover. Flies swarmed his body. I swatted the flies away before I readied a bowl of water to clean Edward down. Suddenly a pair of hands went over my eyes, blocking me from my patient. The scent of honey wafted into my nose.

      "Harvey." I sighed before I gently pulled his hands from my eyes. "This scene doesn't bother me. I've seen a lot worse than this on the battlefield. If you don't mind, I would like to heal my patient."

     "But he'll be naked." Harvey interjected.

      "He's mated already and I have you guys. Why would I chase after him?" I arched a brow. "Fine. Then could you wipe him down and place this extra fur skirt on him." I grabbed an extra skirt from the trunk in the corner of the room of their house. From the scent, it was Edward's. "Remove all the herbs, dirt and anything else that could contaminate the wounds."

      Harvey nodded and had me wait outside. I leaned against the side of the wall, looking up at the bright sky. My jaw clenched as I watched the clouds slowly drift across the sky. A half an hour passed before Harvey opened the door. I walked in and found him better looking than before. I went over to Edward's body and sat down on the ground. I saw that Harvey missed some of the rotting flesh, so I transformed my nail into a sharp claw. I carefully cut the infected flesh off the places his missed, making Edward bleed. After I was done with a check over, I pushed my healing reiki inside of his body. I watched as the wounds started to seal shut. Edward was fully healed within minutes but he was still comatose. He was completely fine, but I would have to check on him, well Harvey would have to check on him until he wakes.

      He would need food and water, then changed. The food and water I could probably do but the changing part, none of my mates would allow. I sighed with relief as I took a damp cloth and wiped away the blood that started to dry on his skin. He looked like he was sleeping, not a scratch on him.

      "Sleep well Edward. Molly will need you after all this." I whispered to him before I left to the house.

       I told my family what happened and Winston would be away for a while. I even told them my findings on the quicksand spots, more like a river because it flowed like one. I also told them that this could be entrances to City of Flames. If this was the case, then the City was bigger than we ever imagined.

                                 ****

      After this event, Harvey, Kaede, Mom and I set up the clinic earlier. I made it close to the center of the city, with a plaque of a red cross on it. It was easy for them to understand that this was medical place. It was a decent size hospital. It could fit up to ten patients at a time and it had all the necessary tools in the back room, along with a pharmacy. Kaede and I did most of the herbs that weren't common to the beastmen where Harvey had the spices ready for them as well. Three days have passed and the clinic was almost ready to up and run. Harvey sent me back home to feed the cubs and I decided to check on Edward on the way home. I poked my head in the house and finding Edward slowly waking up.

      "Hey, you're awake." I smiled at Edward, walking in.

       "Tiger Queen? Where's Molly?" He asked.

     "I almost had her back but he gave me the slip. Winston and Trevor are on their way to rescue her."

     "That means Molly is still in danger!" Edward stiffly sat up. "No way! I have to save her!"

     I stopped him from moving, making him look at me. "I know how you feel Edward. But I just finished healing you and you want to screw it up again!" I grabbed him by the ear, making him flinch. "How about this, if Molly comes back tomorrow, we will hold a funeral for you right away. That sound good?"