Chapter 6

Another two weeks had passed. It now marked a month and a week into my pregnancy. My stomach was starting to expand due to the growing child. But I noticed that it was remarkably big for only one babe, so I had a feeling I was carrying more than one. I also noticed that my breasts were growing as I went further along.

     Curtis and I were walking in the forest, heading into the direction he was pointing us to. I was counting the days until I was supposed to give birth. I wanted everyone to be present for that. My frown was probably apparent because Curtis tried to cheer me up.

     "We'll reach the sea after ten days or so. There will be beautiful water that stretches on infinitely. I'm sure that you'll love it." Curtis softly smiled down at me.

      "Oh." I responded.

      After that Curtis decided to make camp for now, so I could eat. While the food was cooking, I decided to go into the water. I wanted to get the dirt and everything out of my hair. I wanted to properly bathe but with this pervert snake I didn't want to risk it. I used my reiki to keep my stomach warm while I wiped at my body and ran my fingers through my hair. I sighed as I moved my hair back, loving the feeling of the water. I turned to look back and I found Curtis gone. I blinked in surprise and tilted my head.

       "Where'd Crutis go?" I mumbled to myself. Suddenly water exploded in front of me and out popped Curtis. He looked rather tempting with the water running down his frame. He smiled as he gently pulled me into his arms. "You scared me you big oaf."

     "Do you know how long I've waited for this day?" He asked me. "I've always fantasized about swimming with my partner."

      "Oh really?" I smiled, holding him close. "We still have time for a swim."

      He happily dove under the water before he went in between my legs and had me sit on his back. He turned his snake head to see if I was secure. I nodded when I knew I was. His eye widened with joy before he swam in the water. I exclaimed in happiness as we glided across the water, watching the sun slowly set over the horizon.

       Soon enough we returned towards the camp site. I was a little disappointed that it had to end so soon. I wanted to enjoy it a little longer. Curtis chuckled, making me look up at him.

      "Don't worry, we can always do it again." He reassured me as he helped me climb out of the water. "Let's go eat."

     "Mm." I agreed.

                                ****

       Several days have passed and my stomach was growing steadily. Curtis was carrying me in his arm, while he gently rubbed his hand over my stomach. A small smile formed on his lips. Suddenly the ground started to rumble, the wild life scattered as they tried to run away from something. Curtis spit out his feeler, tasting the air.

      "Curtis, what are they running away from?" I asked him.

     "There are a lot of vibrations in the soil. There nust be a horde coming near us." Curtis informed me.

     "A horde of what exactly?" I glanced at him.

     "A gathering of huge beasts called colossals. They're huge and powerful. The crystal I paid the sheep with for rice was extracted from a colossal." He explained to me.

      "It's nice to know you can defeat them but isn't that too many for you?" I grew worried. He just smiled and gently tussled my hair, giving me a hint to change the subject for now. "I almost forgot. The sheep still owe you rice. Now that we've left, how are we going to collect it?"