Chapter 5

As we slowly went back to the cave, I felt my stomach start to rumble. I blushed like hell as I held onto my stomach. I really hoped that Curtis didn't hear that. He turned his red eyes onto me, gentleness and warmth in those red pools.

"Snow, are you hungry?" He softly asked me. I blushed even harder.

Of course he had to hear it. "It's been a whole afternoon, and I haven't eaten anything. Of course I'm hungry." I stated in anger and embarrassment. He smiled, leaned in closer to me and placed a sack of rice in my hands.

"Then eat up." He whispered.

"You joking, right?" I looked up to him. His eyes widened as he looked at me. I paled as I realized that he wasn't.

"Is rice supposed to be roasted, too?" He asked. That statement there only confirmed my suspicions. As I balked in his ignorance, I then remembered that we had no pots we could boil this in. I looked around and found some bamboo growing not too far from here.

I smiled as I walked over with the sack of rice in my arms. I looked over the sturdy bamboo, nodding with satisfaction.

"Perfect! I can make bamboo rice!" I cooed.

"Bamboo rice?" Curtis tilted his head. I set the bag down and sharpened my nails on one hand into claws. I swiped at the bamboo and it fell to the ground. I went over to the bamboo, cutting it into the perfect sizes. Curtis came over and sliced the rest with ease, impressing me. It made me wonder how sharp his claws were.

"Do you like them? I can give you one." Curtis offered. I arched a brow at him. With a serious expression, he lifted up his tail and pulled out a scale. "Here! Be careful, don't hurt yourself."

"Oh!" I blushed as I gently took it. "Thank you." I then accidentally cut my finger. "Oh, it really is sharp."

"What are you doing?!" Curtis said in slight panic before placing my bloody finger into his mouth. "I just told you to be careful. If this happens again, I'll take it back."

"I don't think so." I huffed, wrapping my hand around it. "You gave it to me, no take backies." I looked down at the red scale in hand. "I didn't know they were that sharp. It won't happen again."

He softly smiled at me, then looked at my finger again. He blinked in surprise. I looked at it and found it completely healed. I must of gained Sesshomaru's healing qualities because I didn't activate my healing reiki for this. I smiled as I felxed my finger. I glanced up at Curtis.

"I'll keep this safe." I smiled as I put it inside the jewel. His eyes widened before he held me in his arms. I glanced up to find his eyes scanning the area. "You okay?"

"I don't sense anyone."

"Of course not." I arched brow.

"Then where did the scale go?"

"Oh! I stored it away inside this jewel." I told him as I lifted up the shikon jewel, then summoned it from inside. "I can store anything inside it and recall it. It only works with me though." I stored the scale inside once more.

I sat by the fire, waiting for the rice to finish cooking inside of the bamboo. While I cooked, Curtis relaxed in a small lake beside the fire pit. I placed the rice and the spare bamboo inside of the jewel so he didn't have to carry anything more. I looked to the sealed bamboo, finding it bubbling and steam was coming out. The rice was now done.

"The rice is done. Come eat." I called to him out of habit. I looked to see Curtis glancing towards me. He smiled before standing up, his entire body revealed to me. I blushed uncontrollably.