Chapter 40

"I saw your baby snake." Parker whispered.

     My heart stopped. "What?" My voice was barely a whisper. I covered my mouth as soon as I saw Curtis slightly move. I had a feeling he was now listening but I wanted to know how my baby was doing.

      "Don't let Curtis find out!" Parker whispered, panicked. The way Parler was reacting told me that Curtis knew about it.

     "He chased them away again, didn't he?" I softly asked. Parker's ears flattened against his head, telling me he indeed did that. "Where is little snake? Is he still around?"

     "I found the little snake outside the village. He should have specifically come for you. He wouldn't leave so easily."

      "How big is he now?" I asked. I was fighting my instinct to go see my son. I was trying to follow Curtis' instructions.

     "His thickness is about that of your head, and he's one third as long as Curtis." Parker said as he motioned his head to give me a visual aid on how big he was. "Looks pretty strong too."

     "That's good." I weakly smiled. He was doing well and that's all that mattered. I kissed Parker before I laid down on the bed, curling up underneath the blanket. I was immediately wrapped into Sesshomaru's arms. I curled into his chest and I could feel tears form in my eyes. My heart was aching badly.

                               ****

      A week and a half flew passed since Parker told me the news of my son. The rain finally decided to stop, which was good. I finished slipping into Jasper's two piece set and went down to eat.

     Father Toga gently helped me down to the table, our hands clasping. No shock went through me and my beast didn't react. I mentally sighed with relief as I looked down at Sesshomaru. His golden eyes showed his worry.

      "Thank you Father." I smiled up at him. Toga bowed his head before he went over by Inukimi and sat down. I gently patted Sesshomaru's hand, shaking my head. I heard him let out a breath of relief.

     I glanced towards the door when we were eating, it was finally a bright sunny day. I had a feeling I was going to be cooped up in the castle for a while, so I might as well go outside today.

     "Kagome." Kaede called.

     "Hm." I looked to her.

     "The herbs should be at their peek now. Since it's beautiful out, why don't you collect them for me before they wither."

       "I can do that. Since I'm going to be cooped up, might as well go enjoy today." I smiled.

     "Thank you my child." She smiled.

     "No problem Kaede."

    After breakfast, I left to go to the spot that I found the herbs. Curtis was sleeping back at home so Jasper was with me as well as Parker. I happily hummed as I collected all I could for the upcoming winter. I placed the herbs inside my hair stick. I pretty much collected all of it. I left the roots since it will grow next year. I collected any other herbs that were around the place that would help the village.

      I stiffly got to my feet, sighing with relief that I managed to collect what I needed. Jasper came over and gently rubbed my sore back and shoulders. Parker disappeared not too long ago so I wondered where he went. Suddenly I saw a hyperactive leopard come running towards me. His gold eyes shining with happiness.

      "Parker, what is wrong?" I asked him.

     "I have a surprise for you." He smiled up at me. "Climb on."