Chapter 44

I gasped as I shot forward in my bed, tears running down the sides of my face. I opened my eyes, my vision moving rapidly. Then it soon returned to a standstill, allowing me to see the familiar environment. I wrapped my arms around my body before looking down to see all my familiar markings. I shakingly took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down.

      "You're awake?" Sesshomaru's voice flooded into my ears, making me look at him. I then slowly looked around the room, finding all my males looking at me, some wearing sour frowns. I noticed that Lanze, Shen and Muir were changing their daughters diapers.

       "Thank god!" I cried as I hugged Sesshomaru. "You're all here." I whimpered.

      "Mate, what happened? You were having a nightmare." Sesshomaru gently caressed my cheek. "What did you dream about?"

      I went to open my mouth to tell them about the dream but nothing came to mind. It was completely scrubbed clean of the dream. The only reminisce of the dream that was left was that my mates disappeared and my marks were gone. I grabbed my head as I frantically tried to recall what happened.

      "I...I don't remember. All I remember is that everyone of you were gone and my markings were gone as well." I sobbed as I clenched my head harder. "I didn't like that... I didn't like that at all." I pinched myself to make sure this wasn't a dream as well. "I'm here, just a dream. Just a dream."

      "Shh." Sesshomaru cooed as he took me into his arms and softly stroked my hair. I inhaled his mahogany scent, allowing it to calm me and my beast. She was having a fit that we were made to dream that and she couldn't interfere at all. It was like something was preventing her to approach. She didn't remember it at all but she knew that I was in trouble and we felt none of our mate's bonds. I tightened my hands against his clothes as he pulled his royal haori closer to my body.

      As I slowly calmed down, I noticed that Parker and a couple of my males were still wearing sour expressions and wouldn't look me in the eye. I blinked in disbelief as I tried to look at each of them.

     "What's wrong? Why are you guys unhappy?" I asked them. The atmosphere in this room was tense and I didn't like it. I could feel my heartbeat quicken as I thought of something I might of done to make them hate me. I didn't understand why they were unhappy. I was the one who had a nightmare. Winston then came into the room with a bowl of food for me.

     "Here, have some breakfast." Winston said. Not in his cheery voice that I loved.

      "Why are you still home? Did something happen?" I panicked. Sesshomaru gently rubbed my back, calming me down.

     "I went to the iron smelting room earlier, made some arrangements for the work to be done and came back " Winston replied, but that did nothing to calm my anxiety. I mentally did some breathing exercises.

      "Oh, okay. You should take some rest too." I sighed. I could hear my daughters smack their lips, telling me that they were hungry.

     I summoned the clean bottles, then started to milk myself. I filled up four bottles before I placed Scarlet and Sapphire each to my breast. My anxiety and fear soon melted away as I sat in the comfort of Sesshomaru's arms and feeding my daughters. Lanze, Muir, Shen and Alva enjoyed feeding their little bundles of joy as well.

     "Who is Saint Zachary?" Parker suddenly asked me just as I got relaxed.

      "Huh?" I looked up to him before my brain finally realized what he asked. My brows furrowed. "Who?"

     "Saint Zachary." Winston repeated.

     I frowned even deeper as I tried to recall anyone by that name. I shook my head.