Chapter 39

The large crocodiles were rampaging everywhere, smashing against trees and the males of the tribe were fighting. I saw Sesshomaru, Curtis and Jasper fighting against them. I knew the crocodiles were coming for Rosa. I jumped into the air and flew to the Hawk's house. I could smell Rosa's heat.

      "Rosa! It's me. Climb on my back. We will draw them away and then I'll give you the trinket to keep them from smelling you." I yelled in the hut. The Hawk moved the curtain and had Rosa in his arms.

      Rosa looked at the Hawk before she nodded. They embraced for a bit, then he placed her on my back. I used a small cloth underneath her to catch her scent. I flew over the wall and looked down. There were hundreds trying to climb over the wall. Suddenly their snouts shot into the air, catching ahold of Rosa's scent. They started to scurry away from the city. Rosa and I flew a little away ahead of them with my demonic speed.

      We came to an abandoned cave, I laid down on my stomach and she climbed off. I made her rub the cloth throughly before I had her put it in the cave. I handed her the necklace with that was in my mouth. Her eyes widened for a moment before she quickly placed it around her neck. As soon as she did, her scent only permeated inside the cave.

      "It works. I only smell your scent in the cave." I told Rosa. She smiled brightly at that. I heard the crocodiles starting to come towards us, getting louder with each step. "Get on."

     Rosa quickly hopped onto my back and I flew up. We were a good distance in the air when we looked down. The crocodiles started to climb in the cave and I could hear different noises sound into it. Then an extremely huge crocodile went inside the cave. I carefully listened as I heard fighting happened and then grunt like noises happened inside. I could feel Rosa shiver on my back as we watched.

      About a half an hour later the Crocodile King came out with a mangled body of a male crocodile. I cringed before I turned my body away from them. I was glad I placed a barrier around us to keep the rain off us. I flew back to the city and placed Rosa safely into the Hawk's house. She gave me a hug around my neck, completely thankful that I saved her. I wrapped my paw around her and hugged her back. Now that she was apart of this city, I would protect her.

      After I made sure that she was safely inside, I went to the wall and overlooked the retreating forms of the crocodiles. I made sure they were all gone from the wall before I repaired the damages they made. I looked at the situation once more, then turned to go home.

                             ****

     I awoke to eight people leaving the barrier. I sat up quickly, finding eight of my mates gone. Winston, Jasper, Harvey and Lanze were the only ones who were with me. I tilted my head in confusion. I gently shook Winston awake, making him look at me.

     "Win, where did everyone go?" I asked him.

     "They left to go deal with the ape king once and for all." Winston simply stated.

     "It's about damn time for them to pay. We don't need any more lives tormented by that despicable bunch." I growled, fising my hands in the sheets. I sighed as I stood up, cracking my body back into place. "I'm going to take a bath before I head down."

     "Lanze should be finishing it for you." Winston informed me.

     "Thank you." I smiled before I kissed him. His tail flicked with happiness.

      Thanks to Lanze, I was able to take a quick bath. I was already preparing today's food with Shippo and Rin. We were going to be the cooking trio since everyone was pregnant or they were working on hunting or things around the house. My other children were happily clinging to my legs, nuzzling them. It was a good thing I was used to this and relied on Rin and Shippo to move. It took two hours but we managed to get all the food done.