Chapter 9: Rain

The sound of a church bell can be heard from the distance as Chuuya watches the graveyard. Even though they are a mafia, they have respect for their members.

After a while he heard footsteps from behind, it was Arly who had dark bags under his eyes. Since he was a doctor he has been working for days fending for the members. He also had a bruise on his face after taking a hit from Dino's girlfriend's family, as Arly knew them personally.

Most of the remnants of the Tagesa Organization have been destroyed. Seeing two of his friends die from betrayal and regret, Chuuya can't help but to be sad and pitiful. For them, to die from a fierce battle, facing a powerful foe, the enthralling fight is much preferable and honorable.

With a heavy heart Chuuya and Arly send their friends. Afternoon came when they decided to leave. Walking side by side with Arly, suddenly stopped.

"Huh, what's wrong?" Chuuya asked.

Arly is looking at his phone. "It looks like I am needed in the ward. You go ahead Chuuya". Arly said smiling to him with an obvious hint of sadness.

"Yeah, don't force yourself," Chuuya replied.

The two separated their ways, looking up, the sky getting dark, and dark clouds looming all over Yokohama. Now that one mission is over, only then Chuuya felt tired. Now he regretted deciding earlier to just walk to his house. His feet hurt, and is so down he just wants to drink some wine and he is also starving, having not eaten since morning. Chuuya can only scowl at his situation.

"Ahh… What could be worse huh" Chuuya cried out to himself.

Walking dejected, Chuuya felt drops of water hitting his face.

"Tch, as if '' Chuuya said sarcastically as if the rain answered his question of making his day worse than it is.

Using his ability, he surrounds himself with gravity. Now, even though the rain gets heavier by the minute, he is still dry. Still walking in dazed, Chuuya remembers his friends and the events that just happened. Closing his eyes, somehow the rain is not that bad. Like washing away the dreads of yesterday. Chuuya removed his gravity ability that surrounds himself, welcoming the cold water to drench his clothes to his skin. Chuuya somehow felt refreshed.

Suddenly, something on the bushes on his side moved, curious Chuuya leaned into the bushes to check it out, when suddenly a bunch of rats emerged from the leaves almost hitting his face, surprised Chuuya stumbled on the ground on his butt, getting his clothes covered with mud and dirt. Still with a surprised face, he sat down on the ground until he comprehend what happened. Annoyance surged from his, standing up, he went to the other side of the bushes where rats run into, but he cant find them anymore. Still pissed off, he started kicking the bushes and other objects nearby like the small fences on the side, trash bins and bench.

After calming down a bit, Chuuya realizes how he just acted. It was so embarrassing if anyone had seen him, like a crazy person destroying things at the heap of his rage. Good thing the bench can still be used having its back post removed from his kick, Chuuya sat down to its remaining seat. Chuuya calmed himself down, letting the cold water wash the heat from his own anger. Suddenly he saw in his peripheral vision on his side a person walking to his direction. Chuuya, still embarrassed by his action earlier, just sits there and waits until the person walks by. Hearing the footsteps getting nearer, suddenly it stops in front of him, looking up he sees a colleague from the Port Mafia, Fyo. The idea that this person saw how he acted earlier, like a crazy person who escaped from a mental facility hits him. Even with the cold water, Chuuya felt his face heat up.

“I don't need your umbrella, so get lost” Chuuya manages to say to the newcomer.

Chuuya looked to the side, avoiding his gaze and expecting the tall guy to leave, but to his annoyance, Fyo did not even move. Pissed, he looked up showing his angry and serious face to the tall purple eyed guy. "Look buddy, I don't need your umbrella, nor your sympathy or anything from you, so leave before I beat you up" Chuuya warned.