Chapter 44: Confession

As Chuuya returned to the inn, darkness had settled outside, casting long shadows across the room. He spotted Fyo sitting by the window, arranging a table with a bowl of steaming soup dumplings, bread, and a kettle.

"Ah, you're here just in time," said Fyo, gesturing to the spread on the table. "The innkeeper brought some pelmeni for dinner."

Chuuya sat down and then Fyo gave him a bowl of steaming dumpling soup and bread. Chuuya watched the falling snow from the window as Fyo ate while on his laptop. Their peaceful silence was interrupted by Chuuya's phone ring.

Seeing that it was Ami calling again, a hint of concern flashed across his face. He glanced over at Fyo, his thoughts momentarily clouded by the memory of their recent encounter in the town square. He quickly ended the call, feeling a pang of guilt and remorse. Fyo could eliminate them just for the sake of the mission, knowing how cold-hearted he is behind those smiles. With a heavy heart, he deleted Ami's number and blocked it, realizing that not all connections were meant to last, and Its not always that he came to know nice people.

"What's wrong?" Chuuya's thoughts halted, surprised by Fyo's voice as if he was caught that he dropped his phone on the floor in front of their small table.

He stands up and bends down to pick up the phone when ... 'smack'

Chuuya's lips twitched as he felt a hand groped on him.

"Hands off the ass!" He growled.

"Haha stingy"

Chuuya glared at the person sitting as he picked up the phone.

"What's wrong why didn't you answer that?" asked Fyo.

"Its Amy isn't it?" Fyo stated as he looked in his laptop.

Chuuya faced the sitting him and noticed his mobile number and Ami's history call on his laptop. On the USB port is connected the key for the satellite. Meaning Fyo was currently online and using the satellite's intel and capabilities.

"Were you stalking my phone you creep?" Asked Chuuya astonished.

"Creep? Not really ... No!" Fyo replied quite offended.

"Using the satellite radar, I just monitor any incoming and outgoing transmission near us, including our phones" Fyo explained but soon his offended face was replaced with with smirk.

"Unless you want me to peek at you, I would gladly do so, I would be a creep just for my Pretty Chibi" Fyo continued putting his hand on his chin and looking at the redhead.

Hearing the Chuuya just glared at the purple-eyed. "Don't you dare" Chuuya threatened to protect the last bits of privacy he had left from te tall guy.

The two shared a long stare down one with adoration while the other with annoyance.

Fyo asked why Chuuya wouldn't answer Ami's call, but Chuuya replied that he had no reason to.

Chuuya continued, stating that as a mafioso, he wasn't the type to be friends with just anybody. He emphasized that he's a cold-hearted person, and their interactions with Ami and Minuro were purely circumstantial, not indicative of any lasting connection. It was all for personal interest, as Chuuya stated. For example, what had Fyo done to the spy with whom he got the latest key in the town square earlier? He could eliminate them for the sake of the mission.

However, Fyo laughs at his statement.

"Oh really now Pretty Chibi ... heartless? Tough? you?"

As Fyo chuckled at Chuuya's assertion, he rose from his seat and turned to face him, almost as if he were challenging him. Fyo pointed out that according to the Port Mafia's database, Chuuya's allegiance to the Port Mafia one reason is because of the lives of his friends, and his former organization the Sheep. The Port Mafia let those kids live in exchange for Chuuya to remain in the Port Mafia.