Chapter 38: Dazai

Chuuya was abruptly awoken by the sound of something hitting near him. At first, he was confused by the darkness around him, but only a while later he noticed that he was outside. The thing that is hitting is the sound of waves hitting the small boat where he is lying. As his eyes adjusted, he noticed that in contrast to the dark sky, there were millions of shining stars and the moon illuminating the whole place while a black coat was covering him against the cold. He heard a soft clutter of utensils on the side.

To his relief, he was not in the middle of the ocean. He saw Fyo tending to a fire, his silhouette outlined against the glow of fire. He seemed to be in his usual self, with ease of everything around him but his focus in a semi-large pot with bubbling hot water inside. The smell of the tantalizing aroma of seafood stirs a deep hunger within him.

They were on a shore behind a forest hiding them from the city. The small boat his in was anchored to the large rocky shore.

Wrapping himself with the coat he jumped to the shore behind Fyo who immediately looked at him.

"My love how was your sleep" Fyo asked spreading his arms as if waiting for an embrace. And With a serious tone, he replied "Shut up, and don't call me that"

Chuuya ignores the hands approaching and sits in front of the cauldron with a serious face intently looking at the boiling food that Chuuya only notices there are also noodles in it. Large prawns, lobsters, crabs, shells, scallops, and octopuses, Chuuya salivates looking at their colors as he has not eaten anything all day.

Fyo could only laugh at the redhead's antics.

Fyo then handed Chuuya a bowl and chopsticks that with a scowl he accepted. Looking at them they were similar to the dishes in the stall earlier with Hanks. However, at the moment he has none of anything except the food in front of him.

Before Chuuya could pick up anything, Fyo took a stalk of green onion and cut it with a scissor, then mixed it up. After that Chuuya picked up a batch of noodles and a large prawn. Blowing the hot temperature, Chuuya chomps down the noodles and then bites on the prawns without even peeling them.

Fyo could only laugh. After watching the redhead, Fyo then took on three large scallops, and gently cracked them open, scooping them out before placing them in Chuuya's bowl.

Chuuya's face still faces down on the bowl almost sunken while slurping some noodles peeked suspiciously on Fyo.

"There's nothing in there" Fyo assured him with an amused laugh.

Chuuya ignored him and continued eating. Hesistantly he picked the peeled scallops as he saw Fyo ate them as well.

Fyo peeled some prawns for Chuuya before eating more for himself.

Despite the memories of his battle earlier and his wariness of what was going to happen to his mission now that there was a person from another organization who knew his whereabouts, Chuuya couldn't help but relax in the tranquility of the surroundings. The gentle lapping of waves against the boat, the swaying shadow of flames, and the crackling of woods in fire, all seemed to lull him into a sense of peace.

As he ate, Chuuya felt the tension slowly melt away, replaced by a sense of calmness. The darkness of the night seemed to wrap around them like a comforting blanket, shielding them from the chaos of the outside world.

With each bite, Chuuya felt himself slipping into a trance-like state, his worries and anxieties fading into the background. It was as if the night itself had cast a spell over him, drawing him into its embrace.

Peeking in front, he saw Fyo who had a small smile on his lips. Soon a small smile formed on his lips mimicking the brunette. And so, beneath the starlit sky, Chuu found himself lost in the moment, content to simply be. With Fyo still tending to the fire to warm them up the serenity of the night allowed Chuuya to savor the small peace from the dangers that awaited him, being a member of the Port Mafia.