Chapter 23: A Slug

The auction was going smoothly to Chuuya's liking. People bidding, showing off their wealth, and throwing money like it's the only thing they do. Their arrogance is dripping in their mouths as they name their price. Chuuya watches as he criticizes the participants who are labeled as wealthy and elegant by the common masses. The tragic irony is that their money is something to show off, but their sloppy and crude behavior is unfit for the fancy and classy clothes they are wearing. 

"3 Million!"

"3.5 Million"

Currently, there are two parties fighting for a mirror artifact, one party seems eager to obtain the item, but the other won't just let them as he always bid half a million higher than the other. The friction between the two is obvious, an indication that they have a previous altercation.

They only stop when the bidding stops at 1 billion. Looking at the smug face of their foe, the one who got the mirror is seething with anger.

Chuuya was somewhat amused, watching them at their not-so-silent war of riches. Most of these rich people are obnoxious and downright rude and looking at their scrunch-up faces seems entertaining.  

Watching the people actively participating in the auction, Chuuya got an idea. Chuuya thought that if there was an expensive and preserved wine on the auction items he might bid for it, however, looking at the list there were none. He slumps back in his seat and looks at the auction list again, but nothing on the items interest him. After a while the constant bantering of people around Chuuya became annoying.

At first, watching these monkeys cursing at each other was somehow entertaining but in a long run, it became unappealing to him. "It would be nice if I could diss them too," Chuuya thought as he started to get bored, his feet starting to itch for a kick.

The place was set up similarly to a fancy dinner, participants were served some refreshments and light snacks as they bid. But to Chuuya's discontent, the spirited beverage in their table is not wine nor alcoholic drink but only sparkling water and fresh fruit juices. Fyo ordered the waiters to not give him any more alcohol because he had a low tolerance for it. 

Chuuya could only glare at the tall guy. He can't believe that again his own subordinate is not just ordering him around but actually bossing him around, and he can't do anything about it. He still wants to finish the mission quietly therefore he just enviously watches the people around them sipping on drinks. However not long after he realized that the key was almost up for the stage. He looked back at the tall guy again. "Hey" he muttered. Then Fyo slowly looked at him. Chuuya wants to ask when the government agents will make their move. However, since their table is closely arranged with the other participants, their conversation might be heard. Lifting his own chair he placed it right beside Fyo, only then he asked the question.

"I thought that the government was here to raid and stop this auction, where are they?" The redhead asked under his breath.

"Ohh, they are here" Replied the purple-eyed. Chuuya got confused about what he heard because he thought that the auction would be halted upon the arrival of the government.

"Do you think that the government will retaliate against a non-hostile party?" Asked Fyo. Chuuya's confused face almost looked bewildered. How are they going to get the keys then, he asked himself.

"But" Chuuya wanted to ask more, but stopped as he felt a hand caress his thigh, that is followed by an annoying soft laugh from Fyo. Chuuya's lips twitch. "Soon, the real party will begin," Fyo stated.

Chuuya grabs the tall guy's hands away from his thighs and hurls them back to their owner. He immediately lifted his chair and went back to his spot earlier.