Chapter 40: Recipe

As Chuuya and Fyo made their way back to the hotel room, Chuuya maintained an outward appearance of grumpiness, but beneath the surface, he felt a sense of calm wash over him. Despite his rough demeanor, there was a quiet contentment in knowing that Fyo was walking beside him. Though they were in a hurry to return because the sky was ready to pour heavy rain.

As they entered the room, just a few minutes the rain came running down the place without mercy. As the redhead was busy watching the rain drops he heard a soft thud in the bed. It was Fyo, facing down on the soft bed unmoving.

"Hey!" Chuuya called out. "Hey!!!!" He repeated even taking a pillow and throwing it at the tall guy.

"I'm tired!!!" He heard Fyo softly replied.

"Tsk" Chuuya could only throw his hand in the air exasperated, then went to the couches to sit.

"And hungry....." It was soft but Chuuya still heard it.

Remembering Fyo's weak constitution and how easily he gets sick, and while being sick Fyo became a perverted toddler, Chuuya grimaces at the memory. He quickly dialed the hotel phone hoping to order some hot food but to no avail the line was cut off.

Peering out the window, he saw that the heavy rain had likely damaged the phone lines, leaving them stranded without any means of communication. Either he walk out which he doesn't want to, or lets Fyo manage himself for the night. And the fact that their room is detached to the main hotel building is not helping.

"It was not my concern," he thought.

However, looking at the still body of Fyo, fear came to his eyes. Though a corpse is not new to him, being in the same room with it is different, let alone sleeping near it. Chuuya mind that it was not the first time he had seen Fyo in a state like this and the last time he let his one only subordinate for the mission get sick, and then he suffered in the hands of a perveted toddler.

"Uggghhh"

Frustrated, Chuuya walked to the fridge to find some cookies that he saw earlier. "Hey, eat this if you're hungry!" He shouted to Fyo while throwing the packs in the bed.

"Its cold" Fyo peeked to his side and started weakly.

"Why you ... " He was about to curse at him when he remembered the prices he won earlier with Ami.

Chuuya hurriedly opened the freezer to find them. And there they were, it was two bags that Ami and him shared, one each. Opening it to find the fresh chicken. Rummaging its contents he found some leftover ingredients they use when making the steak, a bottle of oil and vinegar. It looked like Ami got the bag with the beef.

Taking them all out, Chuuya was deciding what to do with them. He chuckled at his own antics. If he told Kouyo that he entered a cooking contest the redhead woman would not believe it.

Luckily he was still in a mood to cook, as he remember the events earlier, its was not fun but not bad either. "Fried chicken it is!" he finally announced.

As Chuuya finally decided to make fried chicken, he hesitated, unsure of what to do next. He had cut his enemies before but not a whole chicken.

And an idea pops in his head. "A whole fried chicken". Then the redhead grin of his easy solution. He was about to put down the knife down, 2hen Fyo intervened, teasing him about his cooking skills.

"Oh, Pretty Chibi, you're not going to throw that whole chicken in the pan, are you?" Fyo chuckled, a playful glint in his eyes.

Chuuya felt his cheeks flush with embarrassment as Fyo voiced exactly what he was thinking. "Well, I was just going to seasoned it, with salt" he mumbled, trying to salvage some dignity.