ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

A/N- THANK YOU FOR 12 THOUSAND VIEWS AND 456 VOTES!!!

DEVI BHATT

Talking in that control room gave me deja vu. The sort that makes you smile a little.

Smiling to yourself makes you feel like you have a little secret with yourself that only you know. You actually feel enough for once- enough to make yourself smile.

Then when people ask, why are you smiling?

You just shake your head and say-

"It's nothing," I say smiling as Grisha, Pasha, Sasha, Kai, Demyan all come striding in- half of whom are covered in cuts and bruises.

I instantly look at Grisha first and scan for any injuries. It's almost impulsive. Luckily I can't see anything major like last time.

"Is it because we look funny?" Sasha says.

"Nope."

Sasha's hair is now down covering one side of her face. I frown.

"Why isn't your hair up?" I ask as I walk towards her. I brush the strands out of her face. "Who did that?" I gape.

"It was at the start. Maybe the vodka wasn't a good idea," she admits.

"Yeah, no shit. Come on you have to get stitched up, it's too deep to heal on its own." Sasha nods and follows me. So does Grisha, Pasha and... Demyan??

We enter the room and Sasha sits herself upon the worktop as I get out all the necessary equipment.

I look at Grisha, "So why is Demyan here?"

Demyan can reply for himself though, "why don't you take a look, doctor?" Then he raises his arm to show me his ripped blood stained wound. Gunshot.

I almost cringe and say, ew. I can't say that though 'cause I'm the one treating him.

I can't lie and say I'm looking forward to treating Demyan. He's just intimidating. Someone who's a sticker to the rules but also a crazed man. He's the wild card of the circle.

And he hates me. He hates me for joining maybe or for just being alive I will never know.

I collect some morphine into a needle and roll up Sasha's sleeve. Targeting her upper arm, I push the needle into her arm causing her to clench her fist and inhale sharply. Her face scrunches up slightly.

"Sorry," I wince.

"Be gentle," Demyan snaps. "You should have done it slowly."

"No, because that's going to end up damaging her muscle tissue," I responded, trying to contain my scowl. "I know how to do my job, Demyan. I spent years learning."

"Da, nauchit'sya trakhat' svoy put' vverkh po sluzhebnoy lestnitse," Demyan mumbles with a slight growl. (yeah, learning how to fuck your way up the ranks)

Okay, I understood one word from that which was Da. But that's because of Grisha. Duolingo isn't living up to my expectations at the moment.

"Dem'yan, zakroy rot," Grisha glares and tells him to go out the kitchen with him, leaving just me and the twins. It didn't really do anything since it is an open kitchen. Duet Smerti. (demyan, shut your mouth)

"Now this part may hurt,"I warn Sasha.

"Uh-huh," she nods.

"But if you're good I'll get you a chocolate," I grin. "Crunchie," I add onto the end.