sɪxᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"I want back my virginity" ^^ 😭
congrats on reaching 700 pages <3 proud of you, and thank you so much for sticking with me for so long! this one is a good funny one ;)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

Mali is staring at me. Mrs Petrov. You know, the wife of the man I killed. Guilt consumes me as I stand before her.

She welcomed me at her birthday party so kindly and my truth must be a slap to her face.

She stands there, her tall slender body frozen in the doorway of one of the small living rooms I found in this mansion.

Her hand shakes. She presses her knuckles to her mouth.

Her eyes are red– but I'm not sure if it's because she's had a line again. But I don't think it is because her nose is also red and her makeup is smudged around the eyes. That and the tissue in her hand which she uses to blow her nose in.

I stand. "Mrs Petrov, I–"

"Why?" her brows draw together in a pained expression, "why did you do it?"

I swallow. "It was out of self-defence but if I could reverse time I would, Mrs Petrov, in a heartbeat. I know you don't want to hear my useless apologies but I need to let you know how much I regret my actions and lying to you and everyone– I was so scared, but when I," my breath hitches with the admission, "When I was with your son it felt like a reprieve from my entire life. I was selfish to keep it from you and I know you might not forgive–"

"Do you love him?" she asks, interrupting me.

"More than humanly possible," I breathe.

I do love him. I've loved him for what seems like an eternity and I can't remember a time when I didn't, despite meeting him less than a year ago. He's so deeply engraved inside of me, I feel like I've known him my entire life.

Like our souls were made at the same second in time.

But right now, I'm too scattered and disorientated to give him anything remotely close to a relationship.

Mali behind walking towards me making my body go rigid. I flinch when she nears, expecting a slap across my face or something to show her spite. But instead, I feel a frail set of arms wrap around my sides, scooping me into a hug.

My heart stutters. Almost stops beating.

I almost miss her voice– it's so quiet.

She whispers, against my hair, "Thank you."

...

My stomach twists. Bile rises in my throat.

His fingers are digging bruisingly into my thighs until the pain makes my legs limp. He keeps going– he keeps hurting me. He keeps hurting me and I'm confused as to why he's doing this.

I don't know what I did for him to resort to this.

My body burns. There's a tormenting pain between my legs– I keep my eyes glued to the ceiling, tears continuously rolling down the sides of my face. I can feel something rolling down my leg. I'm not sure if it's my blood or his...

When I try to swallow down my emotion and pain, bile rises up in my throat again, making me gag almost.

I want to scream. I want to scream so loud it makes my heart split into two so I don't have to be alive to endure this again.