ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

without further adieu, here is the next chapter

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

I've kicked Demyan out of Sasha's room since mine is still being searched and I have mightily managed to flick every one of Demyan's last nerves.

My suitcases are pushed to the wall, filled to the brim with my necessities, but right now all I want are my earphones. My earphones, to listen to the kind of music I can scream to in my mind for ages, whilst burying my face into my pillow. Loud enough to burst my eardrums.

I'm rummaging through my suitcase, when Santos comes into the room without knocking. Sasha's in the shower so he brought her towel. He's had his heart ripped out and you can see it in the way he looks around, like she's the first person he looks for in a room.

Feliks also told me he's a little fuck boy with the dazzling reputation his blinding smile has. When I asked him if Demyan was or is one, he just shrugged and mentioned about him valuing privacy. So then I thought maybe he is the right one.

What a luxury to have options. What a luxury she has in controlling who she can ignite a heartbreak in.

I smile, lightly. "You can leave it on the bed. She'll be out in a jiffy."

He smiles back and nods. "Sure." He hovers his hand above the towel when he places it down. "Does she need anything else? There's a hot water bottle downstairs if she needs it."

Heartbreak can often be very loud. Cracks in voices or cracks in the heart, either way is so very loud. And right now I hear it in him.

"She should be okay, but I'll ask her anyway. Thanks," I try to dismiss him with as much gentleness as I can muster.

Ten minutes later I lay on the bed, earphones plugged into my phone, ravaging my ears. Never Enough by that ginger woman in The Greatest Showman. The sound of the shower being turned off wakes me from being half asleep.

From the corner of my dreary eyes, I see Sasha come out with a towel wrapped around her and then Demyan behind her, just as naked. When the fuck he came in I have no idea. The awkward question now is, whether I should directly address it to them.

"Shh," Sasha whispers to him to quieten his apparent sniggering, "she's asleep, get out."

"Sure, dorogoy." A smile in his voice, makes his tone change. (Darling)

When I'm just about to say something, I hear the sound of their lips connecting. If I move to cover my ears now that's going to be more mortifying. So instead, I bravely lie through the sound of them kissing as if it's nothing.

"Bye," she whispers, there's a longing in her voice.

"You can still give her over to Feliks," Demyan suggests, like I'm some object.

I frown into the pillow.

"No," she laughs. "Now hurry along and go."

The door shutting causes my body to rise off the bed from a lying position. I face the wall, allowing Sasha to change.

"I knew you were awake," Sasha smirks.

"If you knew I was awake I should not have had to sit through that post shower kiss with your new boyfriend– which I'm still not sure how on earth he got in because I didn't even see him walk past me."

"Probably because you were zonked out on the bed."

True.

Half an hour later we're lying on the king sized bed facing each other, listening to the sound of another rainstorm hammer against the windows.