ғɪғᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

thank you for your patience ladies (and gentlemen?) :)

without further adieu, I present to you the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

I didn't realise Sasha's room was an ensuite.

Let me rephrase.

I didn't realise Sasha's room had an ensuite that belongs in a palace, because this room is as big as the word humongous.

I feel the fade of my adrenaline, despite wanting it so desperately back.

"Holy shit," I breathe. "I swear this house is the biggest one out of all the ones we've stayed at."

"They all seem the same to me," she shrugs with a smile, as if her wealth doesn't phase her at all.

I breathe in and out, gazing with wide eyes around the pale cream walls before landing on the sliding door to the balcony. I wonder how high up we are and how many floors this house has. It won't really matter anyways if I fell head first.

My heart is walking out, stumbling, running, eager to be far away from the place I was in before.

My heart stops walking, suddenly beginning to shrivel back inside of my chest at a mortifying realisation.

"Wait– Sasha," I grab her arm, with alarm in my voice, "don't you share a room with Demyan? You know... 'cause you're like together."

"Well," she pauses for a second, as if having trouble wording her thoughts, "it doesn't matter right now because he's out doing a job," she says.

"Okay," I whisper, like I'm in a game of hide and seek.

"Come on, Malyshka," she says, pinching my two cheeks cheekily, before walking away saying, "I'll start running the bath."

"Y-You don't have to do that," I say quickly, hot on her tail. "I can run it, it's fine, you can relax."

"I can't hear you!" she lies, obviously.

I roll my eyes, biting back a smile that spreads across my face like wildfire.

Striding into the bathroom after her, the first thing I notice is how everything is almost rose gold with a touch of blush here and there. I feel like I'm tainting the air by just standing in here.

I toy with the edge of my sleeve, feeling glued in one spot. I don't know why I'm even focusing on how clean and big this place is– it's not like I would have cared before.

The sound of the tap running, pulls my gaze away from it all. Sasha sits on the edge of the tub, running the water. Her eyes flit to me, assessing my nervous state.

"Shit," she curses with a hiccup in her snicker, "sorry Devi, I'll turn around. For some reason I forgot that you had to be naked for a bath."

I barely use showers, I mostly go for the bath... well except in Thailand. My skin burns at the memory.

"Don't you have a shower?" I ask, trying not to seem ungrateful.

Bath water cools down very fast, and right now I want anything but that. I want to feel the scorch, knowing it's burning away every flaw Thomas made. I want to put my head under the shower head, and feel the over flowing current of water cascade down my body, extinguishing the raging fire inside of me. To stifle it.

She frowns in confusion and I immediately feel guilty.

Before she can speak, I interrupt. "Actually, you know what? Never mind it's perfect, I was being stupid," I say, laughing it off and loosening my shoulders.