ғᴏᴜʀᴛʏ sɪx

A HUGE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!! HERE ARE THE NEXT THREE...

without further adieu, here is the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

I might have done something bad... but it won't be bad for him.

There's a little animal purring in my lap. She's not a baby, but still pretty young- around thirteen months the worker at the shelter had said.

I have all the resources and supplies next to me whilst Nashwa drives me home. I feel like crying whilst she sleeps, curled in a tight ball in my lap. The cat, not Nashwa.

"I think I'm going to cry, Nashwa," I choke, covering my mouth.

I'm so overwhelmed by this animal right now I could die. She's soft as clouds every time I stroke her, not waking up either from her nap.

Her silk fur coat is jet black and when she opens her eyes they glow green, but she's yet to open them in the car.

"I can't believe you did this," she says, still shocked as when I first told her.

"Do you think it was a bad idea?" I panicked. "We do travel a lot so maybe it-"

"I think," Nashwa interrupts slowly as she smiles at me in the mirror, "this was the best gift idea ever."

"Oh, okay that's good, that's good," I sigh in relief, scratching her between her large ears.

Next to me, I have a few litter boxes, some cat beds, cat food, cat treats, some collars, nail clippers, a lint roller and a brush. I feel like that's a pretty good first haul.

"I can hear her purring and all I want to do is pull over and make you drive so I can hold her," Nashwa says.

"Hah," I grin, "she was my idea, so I'm holding her until I surprise Grisha."

"Have you got a name for her?"

"No, I was going to let him name her," I responded.

I look back down at my lap. I hope he loves her because how could he not? This was such a random, spontaneous gift- but I want to show him that I care and love him so damn much. I've loved him for what seems like an eternity, which sums up everything about love.

It makes you feel like you've lived an eternity, because there's nothing that can make you live better than it. My need for anything else disperses into nothing when I'm looking at him and he's looking at me.

Nashwa's voice interrupts my reverie. "Oh okay," she says, smiling at me... weirdly.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Oh, just nothing."

...

Sasha gasps and I slap my hand over her mouth so Grisha doesn't hear or suspect anything.

Her eyes turn pleading as her fingers wiggle towards me desperately to hold the cat. I shake my head laughing as I pull the carrier away from her. She scowls at me annoyed before following me on a mission to find Grisha in this massive house.

"Meow, meow," she purrs, embarrassingly wrong.

Feliks' laugh rings through my ears from behind. "That was truly the worst cat impression ever, Sasha."

"She's so cute," Sasha whines. "I want a cat. Why didn't you get me one?"

"Your diet consists of eating Crunchies and other shit that'll rot your teeth. You won't be able to take care of one," Feliks snorts. "But that cat is the cutest thing I've seen in my life."