ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

A/N: ur questions will be answered in due course,,,, also sorry ab the start of this ch🤪

without further adieu, here is the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

When we open the door to our house, we do not expect Grisha's mother, Mali to be on a yoga mat doing the downward dog pose in front of the TV.

Feliks whistles. "You get it, girl."

She gasps and gets up from her position, tossing us a dazzling smile. Her frail hands brush her hair out of her face into a quick bun, as she walks over to us.

"I've missed you so much," she clutches Grisha's face, endearingly before pulling him into a close hug.

He stands there startled and awkwardly with his arms in the air as if deciding whether to reciprocate.

I whisper to Feliks, "Is this normal?"

"Nope," he says, equally as stunned and puzzled.

Mali's eyes spot me and they light up. She practically leaps towards me, giving me a tight hug. "Oh Devi, it's truly wonderful to see you again, how have you been?"

I return her smile. "It's lovely to see you again, Mrs Petrov and I've been great."

"Has my son been treating you well?"

Confusion flickers in my eyes for a mere millisecond before I remember everything. "Oh– uhm– yes, yes he has."

I manage a smile, nodding.

"That's wonderful," she says, and turns to Grisha again, who looks so distraught about her presence.

Our attention is pulled away from the painful mother-son reunion, onto someone else who this time, we've actually been expecting.

"Hey guys." Nashwa waves from the staircase, smiling ear to ear.

She rushes down the stairs and I meet her in the middle and give her a hug. She squeezes me half to death in return.

"See? She's already got her contacts in," Sasha says behind me, as she goes in for a hug.

"Yeah, they felt so weird at first but I wanted to try them out to get a feel," she says, blinking slowly.

"And the extensions too, damn," Feliks raises a brow.

"I love having long hair, ugh just look at it. It's too pretty." She tilts her head forwards, running a silky hand through her straight hair.

"It suits you," I tell her.

"I do prefer the grey eyes, but hey brown will do for now," Feliks grins.

"Screw you, Feliks," Nashwa grins, flipping him off.

"You're only offended 'cause it's true."

I wave my hand. "Hello? Firstly I'm offended– secondly, you have brown eyes too Feliks."

"I know but on Nashwa grey eyes is a whole other world," he says.

"Are you guys going to get food, I'm thoroughly starved because someone emptied out the fridge and left an empty carton of milk with a half eaten apple in there," she says, her tone indicating annoyance.

"We can get some food, what do you want?" Feliks asks.

"Get me something really greasy and full of high cholesterol and diabetes please," she requests.