ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

without further adieu, enjoy this chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

"I told you," she gargles. "You will go down. Even if I die in the process, amore. I am no traitor."

"Why can't you leave me alone?" I grit my teeth, trying to blink away the tears. "You have my mouth taped shut, isn't that enough?"

"You're a fool to think that it is. You're an even bigger fool to sacrifice your own family for the sake of a man capable of brutality worse than me."

"Thomas isn't my family," I press harder. "And you won't kill them."

"You'd say that about someone you know who has had your back for years?"

"Why don't you just kill him yourself?"

"Because you are perfect for the job."

I shift on my feet, her eyes glow as I loosen my finger.

"I am not perfect for this job, I'm the worst person for it, don't feed me your lies you psycho."

"But amore, you are a very good psychopath," she grins. "Going about everyday pretending to care about all these people? I don't know how you do it. You have mastered the art of deception."

I shake my head.

Pretending to care about all these people?

That's a lie right? I do care about them. I do. I'm adamant I do. I'm not faking these emotions, because I do feel for them. I'm not lying through my teeth, I can't be. I care about them.

"Don't look so glum. I wouldn't care about them too, but I could never hide it as well as you," she cocks her head, smiling.

"I do care about them," I quake under her strong stare. I do.

"You don't need to lie to me, amore," she rubs my hand almost soothingly.

"Don't touch me ."

I squeeze tight, closing her air pipe.

She holds the gun to my stomach making my eyes almost bulge out my head. Definitely should have disarmed her. I snatch the gun out of her hand, slamming it against her temple, which knocks her out.

I examine her face, blowing on her eyes to check if she's really knocked out. A great trick to pick out the lions that aren't sleeping. Her eyes don't flicker. Good.

Outside the bathroom I can hear shouts and people running down the hallway. They're going to see everything if I don't get rid of her quickly.

"Shit shit shit," I curse quietly. My eyes dart around the bathroom trying to figure out what on earth to do with this lump of baggage. I drop her body on the floor and her head smacks against the floor.

She jerks up, and I jump. "Please, take care of your victims next time, cause that fucking hurt."

I gape.

"Surprised?" She stands brushing dust off her legs. "I've taken a lot more before."

You know what? I'm throwing this woman out the window.

Doors are being slammed open now, it's a matter of seconds before mine is. I face Ares, my heart picking up. The whole bathroom is a mess. The window shattered, glass everywhere, the soap holder in crumbles, blood on the damn wall, which I told her to clean up.