⚔ BONUS ⚔

a/n: Molly, I am sorry. I don't suggest you read like past the kiss lololol. 

🤍

His eyes thin to slits. "Run?" he scoffs. "Nash dolg zashchishchatʹ vas, Chantira, vsekh zdesʹ prisut·stvuyushchikh." (It's our duty to protect you, Chanthira- everyone here.)

"I can protect myself, far better than you can, and you know it," she snarls. "So back the fuck off."

"Nu, ya ne sobirayusʹ podvergatʹ kogo-to, kogo ya lyublyu, grebanoy opasnosti." (Well I'm not about to put someone I love in fucking danger.)

Sasha stiffens, I wish I could have understood this fast argument, so I could know what she feels right now.

🤍

DEMYAN PETROV

I've just come out of the shower and I'm drying my hair with the towel when Sasha bursts through the door.

"Why would you say that?" Her voice is uneven.

"Say what?" I drawl. It's her turn now.

"You know what you said, and it was cruel for you to do that."

"Cruel?" I mock. "I was doing what everyone's too blind for."

Confusion floods her expression, until she realises who I'm on about. "Why are you always giving her shit for?!" she yells in my face, and all I want to do is shut her up.

"Why are you always fucking coming to her defense? Let her defend herself for once," I answer back.

"I would if you weren't so merciless," she snaps.

I chuckle darkly, feeling it reverberate down my spine. "She can take it, alright."

Her eyes thin to slits. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I roll my eyes, stretching my fingers. "Why are we arguing about her? Why are you willingly deciding to turn a blind eye? We never needed a fucking doctor in the first place. She's not important, and never will be."

"Don't you dare say that." She snarls back. "She's far more useful than you. What do you even do other than stomp around holding up your gun to people?! You don't plan attacks or help with shipments or with any of the businesses because Feliks does all of that. You don't help with the new recruits because Kai does that for you. You aren't set out on dangerous missions because you have me and Pasha. You do nothing, absolutely nothing, you sit around holding that second in command position to your heart. you stand behind Grisha as he gives out orders as if you helped him when you didn't. You're fucking useless, Demyan." She mutters the last part, "at least Devi knows how to save a life."

"Say that again. Say. That. Again." I stalk towards her drawing out a dagger and holding the sharp end to the bottom of her chin. I trace it along her jaw.

"Which part? The part where I said you're fucking useless or-"

"That," I growled. "Go on, say it again." I dig the dagger in a little more.

Her green eyes stare daringly back into mind as she tips her head back. "You're fucking usele-"

I don't even let her finish because I slam her against the wall with one hand on the base of her neck. She could've easily counteracted that move; her fighting exceeds even Pasha's. I'm so goddamn enamoured by her, I feel hopeless when I stare at her. All my anger just...extinguishes.