ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

okay tw, theres like major murder and sexual harassment in here.
she is dreaming but she's in her young body, it's her young self talking not her.

Without further adieu, here's the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

This is the sort of darkness I can live without.

My mouth feels like it's sewn as I fall into the darkest abyss of horror. My heart feels like it's about to drop out of my body, and terror bleeds through my nervous system. I feel my body closing up, collapsing in on me from the sheer panic I'm in.

The air is cold, freezing, making my hairs stand on edge even more. My voice has been robbed from me, incapacitating me from screaming for help.

I look around aimlessly, only seeing black. I can see nothing but darkness and I can't take it. My arms are trying to catch something in the air as if a random object will appear. Everytime I try to scrape my hand past the air in front of me I feel nothing.

For the first time I'm rendered helpless.

I keep on falling, faster and faster, and there's no stopping. I have no control, I'm twisting and contorting my body trying to hurriedly get a grasp of this new insane reality. Now I'm facing down head first, perfect for ending my life the quickest.

The music. The perfect music still floats through the air like a siren's call. it plays so beautifully, so heart touchingly, it's enough to bewitch you into thinking it's to lead you to a greater purpose. But instead, beneath the exterior, the ugliness of something so heart touching and beautiful can come back to bite you in the neck. Where it's easiest to kill you.

My fingers brush something wooden behind me. I snap my head towards it, hearing the melody even more now. Despite the darkness this object emerges into my vision clear as day. A music box falls into my clutches, already open with a ballerina twirling slowly.

My fingers brush over an engraving, but before I can pay any attention to whatever it may be, the damned box slips from my hands.

It was the music. The music I hear when she comes.

Suddenly I see a light at the end of the tunnel, it flashes so bright I cover my eyes to stop it from blinding me. It drips against gravity up the walls, providing a contrast in what I've been sentenced to what seemed like a lifetime.

It courses through my stream, shocking me to the core. It's frozen me, I'm stunned.

There's no warning when I crash into the floor. Sweat coats my clammy hands as I groan, rubbing my sore shoulder. My fingers dig into the familiar carpet, the old smell filling my nose. As my vision clears, I register what seems to be my old family home, before the catastrophic incident, before moving.

My back is suddenly burning and scalding in sizzling pain to almost an extent where I feel like screaming. I bite down on my lip, the coppery taste of blood filling my mouth, as I try to divert the attention of the pain on my back. I stagger towards the bathroom, only to see my young sixteen year old self's tear stained face in the dirty reflection.

A short paralysis overcomes me, staring at my reflection, what I used to be. I touch my face almost to check if this is real. My fingers come back with the same blood on my face. I choke on a gasp, trembling. My hands tremor, quake, in shock. So much shock.

I think tonight I found my limit.

If this is the night... then that means-

Three loud fucking consecutive bangs on the door shatter my momentary calmness. Is this some test?