MAGICLESS HERBIVORE

"Dibs on the right side." The redhead dropped the line before he turned to the right and deep into the green plants.

"Alright, how about I go left, while Y/n and Grim go straight ahead?" Seeing his roommate walk away, Deuce turned to you and asked.

"Sure." You nodded. You could only sigh for getting into this situation. Normally, you should probably be resting in your dorm room, probably reading some books, or wandering around in Heartslabyul's garden with Cater, Trey, and the boys. But here you were, in the botanical garden far away from the dorm, searching for tools to collect the chestnuts without being pricked by their spines. Had it not been for Ace, the idiot from your class, and also one of the few people you are familiar with in this ridiculous magical world, who had accidentally offended his strict housewarden, you would not have been this helpful.

"Ace I swear, if you dare to do anything stupid again, I will definitely rip your head off your neck." You grumbled to yourself while traveling through the garden filled with weird-shaped plants. Even Grim didn't dare to say anything to trigger his prefect at the moment. The last thing he wants is his tuna cans to be confiscated and hidden.

"Who needs a signature spell to have someone off with their head- Eh?" You stopped muttering when you felt you had stepped on something.

"What happens, Y/n? Why did you stop?" Grim, who was floating in midair, asked.

You looked around the ground and checked your shoe soles, but there was nothing. "I think I stepped on something... Something soft, like a rope. But there is nothing on the ground..."

All of a sudden, the tall bushes next to your feet rustled vigorously, making a huge noise that caught your attention.

"AHHHH! What is that?!" Grim freaked out and hid behind your back with his furry paws on a side of your shoulder.

You immediately took a few steps away from the bushes. Whatever it's happening, it doesn't seem to be good.

Just when you were still in shock, a tall figure popped up from the green bushes, which, again, scared the hell out of the kitten behind your back.

"IT IS A MONSTER, HELP MEEEE!" Grim cried with his face buried in your neck. You couldn't help but gasp when the huge figure came out from the bushes.

It was a young man who walked out. He is tall, probably over 6 feet. You could tell just by looking at his long legs in the black uniform trousers. He has tan skin and brown hair, of which two sections of them are braided. He's in a white shirt with a yellow vest on top of it. You have seen Ace and Deuce wearing theirs, just different in the colour. But the parts that caught most of your attention were the lion ears on the top of his head, paired with the long tail behind his back. That was when you finally figured out what you had stepped on.

"So you are going to walk away after stepping on my tail, huh?" The tall stranger stared at you with his green eyes paired with his knitted brows, crossing his arms in front of his chest. You noticed the thin scar covering his left eye. It goes from his brown eyebrows to his cheek. He doesn't seem happy about it at all.

"And now that floating seal is shouting and screaming in mid-air." He gave Grim a deathly stare before doing a facepalm. That was when you realized that that grey tuna lover was still screaming and crying on your shoulder.

"Don't you get anything better to do other than waking up somebody from their nap by stepping on their tail?" He hissed.

You quickly covered Grim's mouth and apologized with a slight bow, "I am terribly sorry, sir. I didn't know you were down there, and I didn't notice your... umm... tail." You tried your best to hide the nervousness you felt and calmed your voice. Seeing you bowing, a smirk appeared on the teen's face.