NOT FINE

In the late afternoon, Leona wandered around in the main school building. He didn't want to attend the Savannaclaw Spelldrive training, and he could not fall asleep. How could he do so when your voice appeared in his head whenever he closed his eyes?

"After all, we're not in any kind of special relationship."

"We're nothing more than schoolmates."

Here it came, again. Leona press his temple so as to reduce the headache, but apparently, it was not working. Just when Leona was not paying attention to the front, someone all of a sudden bumped into his shoulder.

"Hey, watch your way!" He growled. He was already in a bad mood, and it'd be a bad time for anyone to bump into him. But Leona raised a brow when he saw who that person was, "Ace?"

Ace, who was going to walk away, stopped and turned around to his upperclassman. Leona could tell that the expression on his face was more serious than usual, and that iconic playful smile was nowhere to be found.

After the basketball competition between Leona and Jamil, Ace had become more familiar with Leona due to the training, and Leona also did not refuse to get along with a smart freshman who was your friend at the same time.

If it were not Ace who had bumped into him, Leona would probably open fire at them. He sighed, before turning around and getting ready to walk away, "Be careful next time, Heartslabyul kid.

Seeing his upperclassman walk away, Ace held his fist with his head low. There was something he wanted to say, and he finally could not hold it.

"I used to think Leona-senpai was cool and smug." Ace raised his voice, and that made Leona stop.

"I've always admired your 'I am on my own way' and 'I do whatever I want' attitude." Ace continued, "I considered you as my role model."

"But you did the one thing that you should've never done," Ace looked up from the ground with anger in his eyes, "which is making the prefect cry."

Leona looked back with a startle when he heard Ace mention your name.

"I don't know what has happened between the two of you exactly, as Y/n refused to tell us anything." Ace said, but from your slightly reddened eyes he had seen and the reaction of you and Leona in the cafeteria this morning, it was not difficult for him to tell that something big had happened between you and Leona.

"You hurt Y/n, and that sucks."

Leona could feel his heart sink once again when he was told the fact that he was the one hurting you, although he was the person who was the clearest of it.

The freshman didn't wait for his upperclassman to reply before leaving the walkway, leaving the lion alone.

Leona stood there with his eyes staring at the ground. He couldn't, and didn't know how to react. He shook his head in order to get rid of all those thoughts and negative emotions, before he walked away and disappeared on the other head of the arcade.

What he did not realize was that something had been accumulating in the gold magestone of his Magic pen, which made it darker and darker.

——

It had been days since you confronted Leona in Ramshackle Dorm. Since that day, Leona hadn't shown up in 1A's potionology class, and you two would pretend you could not see each other whenever you saw him in the hallway.

It hurt, but you could not do anything, and you were probably too hopeless to do anything related to him or the Spelldrive tournament. How would you still be able to do anything when that person no longer, if not never, cared about you?