WANT A RIDE?

"What are you doing here? You got lost on the campus or something?"

You didn't know how many times he had all of a sudden appeared in front of you without any portent, but still you couldn't help gasping with widened eyes.

Although he didn't exactly tell you why he's here, he's in his sportswear, showing up in the stadium, you could told the reason. "So, you are a member of the Spelldrive Club, huh?" You asked, though you hated that.

"Don't reply my question with another question. Why are you here?" Leona refused to answer your question. Seeing you, the magicless herbivore, in the Spelldrive team was the last thing he had ever thought of.

"Tsk, I am here because Headmage Crowley asked me to be the new manager of the team." You told without even looking at him. "Now your turn. Member of the Spelldrive team?" You uttered the question again. According to Leona's lazy image in your mind, you had never imagined him being in a sports team. What you had learnt from the anime and manga was that athletes were supposed to be enthusiastic and energetic, but he was nothing related to enthusiasm and passion. Just look at Sakuragi Hanamichi.

A proud smile appeared on the lion's face. You could see the sharp canine teeth of his. "Well, more like the captain."

"Ha! Funny that you think I would actually believe that." You let out a laughter. He was way too far from relating to the "captain of a sports group", wasn't him?

Leona tsked when he heard you mocking, "Same as you. Don't you think I would believe that Crowley has assigned me a MAGICLESS freshman as the new manager?"

Things had got heated, and even the students near you two could feel the tense atmosphere around. Some of them had seen the two of you arguing before, and they could tell it wasn't anything good at all.

"Oi oi, isn't it Y/n-chan over there?" You were about to "open fire", before you heard someone called you from behind. You turned around, and found that it was Ruggie Bucchi, the other Savannaclaw student. You had seen him several times, as he's always near his housewarden. He's in the sportswear, and even with a broomstick in his hand. He's probably a member of the Spelldrive team, too, you thought to yourself.

Leona seemed to not be happy for his vice housewarden's arrival. He knitted his brows, "You are late, Ruggie."

The hyaena scratch the back of his head, he then stocked out his tongue and winked, "Sorry, Leona-san, Trein-sensei just wouldn't let us go until his had finished the chapter." The sophomore sighed helplessly. Part of the reason was about Trein's strictness, and part of it was because of the fact that Leona is the one who is always late for the practice. Leona just happened to have skipped to last lesson and had a nap in the garden, and so he felt like to be punctual for the Spelldrive practice.

Ruggie then turned to you and asked a question similar to the one his housewarden had asked, "Neh neh, Y/n-chan. What are you doing in the Spelldrive team. I don't remember seeing you in our previous training. Wouldn't you be coming here all way long to find Leona-san for the chitchat that I have just interrupted? Shshsh..." The upperclassman didn't forget to tease with his iconic laughter.

Leona rested his forehead on the tips of his fingers, "Quit bullshitting, would you?" He then pointed at you with the other hand, "Tell her who is the captain of the team."

Ruggie seemed to be a bit confused, but he still did as his housewarden had told. "Leona-san it is. Why don't you just tell her yourself?" He replied. The next thing he saw was the unbelieving face shown on your face.

"Seriously? You gotta be kidding with me, Ruggie-senpai." You gushed the moment you found that you're really going to work as a team with Leona, and you refused to believe that. But all you got was the reconfirm from Ruggie and the other members.