YOUR OPPONENT IS ME

"STOP RIGHT THERE, NINGEN! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO IN!" Sebek stood still in front of the sealed door of Diasomnia's lounge and yelled.

You gave him a side eye while covering your ears. How could someone speak that loudly?

Days after the incident happened in the sports field, you decided to pay a visit to Diasomnia to check on Tsunotarou, as you hadn't seen him since then. Here you're in the dorm full of gothic building style, alone, as Grim and ADeuce were too scared to come. Everything was fine although most of the Diasomnia students in the hallway stared at you while whispering as you walked by until you arrived at the door of the lounge, where the green-haired freshman was guarding.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, THE RUDE NINGEN BACK IN THE SPORTS FIELD!?" He shouted once he saw you walking toward the lounge.

You put on a smile to show your politeness despite his rude attitude. "Good afternoon, Sebek-kun." you hoped you remembered his name correctly. "My name is Y/n, and I am here to visit your housewarden, Malleus. Do you know where-"

"SILENT, NINGEN! WAKA-SAMA IS ENJOYING HIS DAILY READING TIME. WHO ARE YOU TO DISTURD HIM!?" he further raised his voice although it was already loud enough.

You couldn't hold your anger for his unexplainable hostility toward you anymore. You two were both freshmen. You didn't even know him, yet he yelled at you for no reason every time he saw you. Not to mention the fact that you're 17, which made you one year older than the average freshman. At a certain point, he should be speaking to you with an honorific. "Now who is being rude? I know you're Tsunotarou's die-hearted fan, but isn't this too much?! You have no right to yell at people like that!"

Sebek seemed to be a bit shocked by your questioning, but he immediately put back on his I-will-kill-you-ningen! look on his face. "How arrogant are you mere ningen to think that you can meet our waka-sama so casually? Now go back to-"

"Enough nonsense, Sebek!" All of a sudden, the door behind Sebek opened, and a person walked out from the dim room. It was Malleus. All of the Diasomnia students in the hallway, including Sebek, were shocked when they saw their housewarden himself walk out from the lounge. Even though Malleus was the housewarden of the dorm, it was not usual for the dormmates to meet him in person.

"W... Waka-sama...!" Sebek greeted with a half bow. His heart almost sank when he heard his Malleus-sama yell his name.

"Sebek," Malleus sighed, "How many times I have told you not to be rude to the guests, especially when Y/n is my friend?"

Sebek didn't dare to look up. "I am so sorry, Waka-sama...!" He apologized while slightly shivering with his hands holding fists.

A smile appeared on Malleus' face. He then patted Sebek's shoulder, "It's fine, Sebek, as long as you understand your fault. You can stand up straight."

What he saw next was Sebek looking up with tears in his eyes. "WAKA-SAMA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!! I, SEBEK WILL FOLLOW YOU FOREVER!!!" the fanboy yelled while wiping the tears.

Malleus seemed to have already gotten used to Sebek's reactions. "Now, you should apologize to Y/n properly for your hostile attitude." He reminded.

The green-haired boy unwillingly turned to you while slightly sniffing, with his arms crossing. "This is only for the sake of Waka-sama, you understand, Ningen?"

"Sebek." Malleus standing beside you warned again.

"I understand, waka-sama!" Sebek nodded immediately before he turned back to you. "... I am sorry, nin- I mean, Y/n-san..."

You replied to his apology with a smile, though you were still a bit mad with his attitude back then. "Thought you can't memorize my name, Sebek-kun." You teased.