I WISH

"See you soon." Was what Tsunotarou said before he left, and that "soon" was even sooner then you had expected...

Since that night, the mysterious boy had always visited the garden of Ramshackle Dorm at the night time, and usually, he would just all of a sudden show up right in front of you with his firefly magic. At first, you were always shocked by that, but that surprised face of you would always turned to another soft laughter when you noticed it was him, the usual visitor of Ramshackle Dorm. There was once when you were reading alone under a tree...

The princess hesitated a bit before she held the prince's hand and stepped onto the magic carpet. The carpet flew into the clouds and brought the princess to a whole new world-

"Tale from the Scalding Sands?"

You didn't have to move your eyes away from the book to know who had arrived, but you were still a bit shocked for his appearance. "Tsunotarou!" You called with a smile.

"Evening, Y/n." He greeted before sitting down next to you and took a look of the book in your hand.

"I borrow that from the library. It sounds interesting to me." You added.

"I've read this book, too. Long time ago, in my homeland." Tsunotarou replied while flicking through the pages. "The princess met the prince long before the parade, but she didn't discover that was him until chapter 3. Do I remember that correctly?" He asked.

You stopped for a second before you turned to a few pages backwards. You then looked at Tsunotarou with helplessness written on your face. "Did you just spoil me?"

He raised an eyebrow when he heard your question. Obviously, he didn't understand what that mean. You showed the page on which two big words "CHAPTER 2" were printed to Tsunotarou. "I am still at chapter 2"

The boy widened his eyes when he realised that he had accidentally told you the plots that you hadn't read. "I... I am sorry, I didn't mean that..."

You laughed a bit when you saw the shocking and nervous face of Tsunotarou. "It's fine, don't mind that. I'm not even angry."

Your words seemed to ease the boys's worries. A soft smile appeared on his face as he heard that you weren't mad at him. "Well, according to some of the books I've read and a friend of mine, I do know something about the real Scalding Sands."

"Really? Does it looks like what the story mentions? You can smell the spice and there's music everywhere?" He had aroused your interest. You had only been in Twisted Wonderland for a short time, and you definitely wanted to know more about the countries outside the Isle of Sages.

"From what I've learnt, the scenery there used to be picturesque, and what mentioned in the tale were true, but most of the area had turned into a desert due to the lack of water since about 500 years ago, and residents could hardly..."

Tsunotarou was always patient and would tell you a lot of things about this whole new world. Queendom of Roses, Sunset Savanna, Kingdom of Heroes. It would never fail to fascinate you, that how this world's totally different from yours. And there were a few times when you even forgot that time passed so fast, although Ramshackle Dorm didn't really have a dorm curfew.

Soon, you were used to his sudden showing up, and slowly, you found that apart from being knowledgeable, there were many interesting things about this boy with horns.

"Good evening Tsunotarou." You greeted with your eyes still glued to the book. You knew it was him soon as you saw a single "firefly" floating in the air.

"What are you reading this time? Oh, the tale of the King of the underworld. The Great Seven, huh?" He asked while sitting down next to you, and that's when he noticed the box placed on the left.