JUST A GAME

"Y/n, ganbatte! The strawberry cheesecake is waiting for you!" Ace yelled from behind while you were on your way to the detention room. You grabbed a few textbooks, your notebook, and the pencil case in your arms, sighing at the misfortunes that you had been through. For the first time, you missed the grey seal being your partner. "Ahh, Grim, it'd be good if you were here..." mumbling, you arrived at the door of the detention room. It is the most left room on the ground floor. Usually, students would not come over, but of course, there are some specialties, like you. You peeped into the room through the small glass on the door, but there was no one, neither the monitoring teacher nor other students. "Did I come to the wrong room?' You asked yourself, trying to recall what Deuce had instructed you before the lesson ended.

"Nope, you are in the exact right place." Just when you were still bringing back your memories, a deep male voice suddenly came from behind and totally startled you. You immediately turned to the back. You rolled your eyes when you saw it was your detention buddy, aka the annoying lion, Leona Kingscholar who was standing in front of you. Unlike you, he had got nothing in his hands. "It's rude of you to eavesdrop on the others, Kingscholar." You hissed.

"Such a punctual herbivore you are." He teased, not forgetting to emphasize the nickname you had told him not to use. You glared at the tall boy and gnashed your teeth. How could someone be that annoying and restless? You thought. "Well, I suppose YOU are the one who is expected to be late." Of course, you would not surrender to your "enemy".

Leona smirked. He ran his gloved finger through the long fringes covering his forehead, and asked, "So we are going to stay in this position for a while longer, or will you excuse me, so I can open the door behind you?"

You all of a sudden realized that there were again only a few inches between you and the junior. You were trapped between him and the cold door behind you. His chest was right in front of the tip of your nose. After all, he is 20 cm taller than you. You stopped in nervousness due to the short distance between you two, but you immediately faked a cough and cleared your throat. "Of course the latter option, I'd choose." You said and moved aside to the left, to let him reach the lock of the door.

You two entered the empty room with only wooden desks and chairs, and a tall bookcase in front of the wall. Leona randomly sat on a chair in the middle of the classroom, and you picked one far away from his, at the back of the classroom. You surely didn't want to get close to the troublemaker anymore.

You took out a pen from the pencil case and carefully tore a paper from the notebook. One of the things that Crewel cares about the most is tidiness, so you wouldn't want to write the essay on a broken paper. You seldom write an apology essay, probably within three times, so it's a little bit difficult for you to start the first line

Dear Crewel-sensei,

I am writing to express my sincerest apology for the incident that happened in the potionology lesson. I believe the problem lies in the communication between Kingscholar-kun and I. We accidentally mixed-

"Hey, do you have one more paper?" Suddenly you heard someone ask in the quiet classroom, and of course, that someone was your detention partner. He was turning the upper part of his body to the back, facing you. Obviously, the boy brought nothing for his detention class, and he was daydreaming before he saw you buried your head to the table, reminding him of the apology letter.

"Are you doing this on purpose, huh? Not bringing anything to your detention." You questioned in annoyance. You decided to ignore him and went back to your essay.

"C'mon, I am just a bit forgetful. You wouldn't mind sharing a paper with your senpai, would you?" He shrugged with a light-minded smile, continuing to annoy you. You rolled your eyes and opened the notebook. If providing him with a paper could stop him from bothering you, it does worth. You then tore a paper from the last page and lifted it in the air, "Take it."