I CAN SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING

"Good job Everyone! See you guys next week!"

You waved to the Spelldrive teammates while fathering their brooms and bottles. You had just finished the annual record with the team. They had to ride on the broom and fly for 200m, and you, as the manager, helped them record the time needed.

"See ya around, Y/n-san!" they waved back before walking towards the exit. After being the manager for months, you could finally fit in the team, and those who looked down on you because you were a "magicless freshman" had already had their attitude 180-degree changed. Though you weren't aware of that, some of them even had a crush on you.

You put the bottle and towels into a huge bag. They were to be taken to the laundry. You put the bag aside to deal with the broomsticks first. You grabbed a few of them in your arms and took them to the storage room. These were everything you had to do after the training every week.

On the other side of the venue, Ruggie was ready to go. He couldn't wait to go to the cafeteria and enjoy some snacks after the training. After they finished their round of tests, Leona demanded them to do the fitness training, which was equally, if not more, tiring than having a 3vs3 Spelldrive competition within the team.

"Leona-san, I'm ready to go!" Ruggie called. He always left with his housewarden so he could get a treat from Leona afterward. Normally, Leona would be the first one to leave once the training had ended. The sooner he left, the sooner he could get back to his dearest bed and sleep. However, Ruggie found it weird when Leona was still in the training venue after everyone had left.

"Leona-san, what are you doing? Let's go." Ruggie walked toward the bench where his captain was sitting.

"Isn't it obvious that I'm still drinking the water?" Leona, who was in his sports uniform, with the jacket tied around his waist and hair tied into a low ponytail, slightly shook the bottle in his hand and said, "You can go first if you don't want to wait."

Drinking water? Must it have to be done on the sports ground? Besides, the training had finished for at least 15 minutes, and he still couldn't finish a bottle of water?! "What took you so long, Leona-san?" Ruggie asked. There were so many roasting and question marks in his mind that he would say it out loud if he had the courage to do so, but no he didn't.

"Tsk. Mind your own business, Ruggie." Leona hissed before having another slip of water.

It's obvious that he was procrastinating out for a who-knows-what reason, but Ruggie didn't want to miss the chance of having a treat, especially when donuts were selling in the cafeteria today. "It's totally fine. I'll wait for you, Leona-san." Ruggie shrugged before sitting on the bench next to Leona.

After a while, when every single drop of water in Leona's bottle had been drunk, he stood up from the bench.

"You're leaving, Leona-san?" Ruggie almost fell asleep after waiting for minutes, but "no" was all he got from his boss, again.

"That stupid herbivore probably couldn't handle all the brooms and tools. Gotta check her out before she messed up the storage room." Leona sighed and showed annoyance together with impatience when he was answering before he walked toward the storage room without waiting for Ruggie.

That was when the hyena finally understood the "who-knows-what" reason. He couldn't help rolling his eyes due to the "say no but mean yes" habit of his housewarden, and also for the fact that he couldn't get Leona's intention until that moment. "Of course, you are not waiting for her..."

On the other side, you finally finished tidying the storage room. You just couldn't stand things being messy there. On your way to the entrance, you saw Leona followed by Ruggie walking in your direction, which actually surprised you. "Leona, Ruggie-senpai. You guys haven't left."