DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES

You were forced to kneel on the muddy ground, with a sharp stone-made spear put near your neck. The sky was still dark, but you could tell it was almost dawn. You looked around and found that the area was already compassed by a tribe. They were all holding aboriginal weapons, mostly bows and arrows or spears, and there were tattoos and paints on their face.

Leona put his hands up to show his surrender. In such a situation where the language barrier did not allow you to use words to communicate, the "putting our hands up" gesture was the only way out.

You could feel your heart beating so fast that even breathing was difficult. Your breath was heavy and cold sweats were all over your forehead. You didn't dare to move a bit as the blade was right next to your common carotid artery, and a single move could get you killed. You locked your eyes on the ground and tried to calm yourself down because you knew you couldn't freak out at this point.

"Herbivore."

You looked up from the ground when you heard that small, but familiar voice calling your nickname. Kneeling opposite you was Leona. same as your situation, two tall men were standing behind him and holding two spears near his neck region.

The upperclassman surely could notice your fear and the fact that you're trying to act like you're not. Being held at a position meters away from you, he couldn't do anything to calm you down or comfort you, not even a pat on your shoulder. He knew you were tough, but facing such dangerous and life-and-death situations was different from anything you had ever dealt with. Seeing all the fears in your eyes but not being able to do anything somehow made him feel frustrated.

You saw his lips moving, but he wasn't saying anything. At first, you didn't understand what he was doing, but after he repeated it a few times, you could finally get his message.

"We will be fine, don't worry. Trust me." He told you in lip language. With that assuring look in his emerald eyes, you understood him. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, and somehow, you could feel your heartbeat starting to slow down a bit.

"AHHO!!" Not allowing you to calm yourself down for two seconds, the tribe all of a sudden yelled, and within a second, all the aborigines bowed down.

A man walked out from the wood, with a feather-made crown, red paint, and a white cape floating behind his back. He was around 25, hair was tied into a ponytail. There were ornaments with pendants made with animal teeth around his head and neck. Based on the actions of the other aborigines and the ornaments, you could tell this man was the tribe's leader. He walked along the aisle between two rows of his guards and stopped in front of you.

"..." He didn't say anything but looked at you from above. Kneeling on the ground, you swallowed and didn't dare to look up or make any noise.

"AHH!!" You couldn't hold but yelled when the woman behind you pulled your hair backward and made you look up to her leader. You tried to struggle but fail to do so. The man bent forward until there were only inches between you and him.

"So we've got a beautiful face here." The man asked with a smirk before he placed his index finger below your chin. His accent was special that you had never heard before.

You were surprised that someone in the tribe could speak, but according to his attitude, breaking the language barrier didn't help a lot. "We mean no harm." You told the tribe leader, hoping he's a logical one who would free you two.

"Heh, as if you outsiders could do anything harmful here." he led out a tease, "This is our place. What else could you possibly do other than surrender in front of us?"

"Who are you? What exactly do you want?" Leona who hadn't been speaking for a while voiced. His voice seemed calm from your point of view, but in his mind, he had already killed these people, especially this ponytail guy at least 20 times, for all those things they had done to yo- the two of you.