MIDNIGHT ENCOUNTER

Your brain wasn't able to process the situation. A stranger all of a sudden showed up from nowhere and helped you tackle the potionology assignment. What's happening?

Seeing your reaction, the boy wondered if you didn't understand his explanation. "I can repeat that if you want."

You blinked twice and shook your head, so as to get yourself back. You waved your hands and picked up the notebook. "Oh no, there's no need. Your explanation is clear enough. Let me just... jot them down..." You replied while writing down the keywords of the boy's tips. "Done. Thank you... I guess?"

The stranger walked out from behind the tree and that's when you saw how tall he actually was. Leona was tall enough, but he, this boy in front of you, was way taller. You wondered if he's 200 cm tall.

"You're a child of a man, aren't you?" The boy with horns asked.

Child of a man...? That's a strange way to talk, you thought.

The boy seemed a bit confused. He touched his sharp chin of his and wondered, "You live here? I was under the impression that this dorm had been abandoned for quite a period of time." He didn't expect anyone being around here, so as you, didn't expect this abandoned old dorm would actually be visited.

"About that, well-" you wanted to explained the situation that you were arranged to this dorm, although you supposed he should know about that. After all, who didn't know you and Grim, the magicless newcomer and her grey fire seal, in this school? The orientation was totally messed up by your sudden and unexpected arrival. But he didn't waited for you and continued himself.

"I quite enjoy having a place where I could go to enjoy the peace of solitude." He pouted a bit with knitted brows.

"I-" you didn't know how to react as it sounded like you had taken his territory. You slightly cleared your throat, "Anyway. I am Y/n, the dorm prefect, and yes I'm living here. May I ask who are you?"

The boy widened his green eyes a bit. He seemed to be surprised for your question. "Who am I...? You really don't know who am I?"

You nodded in hesitation. "I should know about that...?"

Hearing your reply, the stranger boy smile. "Interesting."

"You wish to know my name? Human?" The boy continued and asked. You nodded again. "I believe it's customary to introduce oneself first?"

The boy led out a tiny laugh. "Well I'd rather you remain unaware. It's for your own benefit, I assure you."

Hah, for your own benefit? You didn't understand a word from this boy. The way he spoke felt like he's from decades or centuries ago. How bad it could be to just tell you his name? You couldn't help wondering why people in this school were all kinda weird.

"I will permit you to call me by a name of your choosing, if you insist." The boy gave a suggestion. "Although you may one day regret it." He said with a mysterious yet mischievous smile.

However, the smile on his face slowly faded as he fell into another thought. "If you have taken up residence here, then this abandoned dorm is, apparently, no long "abandoned", I suppose." He sighed, "What a pity."

You quickly stood up from the ground and offered, "You're welcome to come here for a wander when you feel like to. I mean, it wouldn't be nice if I turn the person who has resolved my problem out."

Hearing that, the boy, again, widened his eyes in surprise.But the shock soon turned into a laughter, which kinda startled you. "You're fearless, aren't you? Inviting me to come over again, right outside the place you live."