I WILL TURN IT INTO SAND

"Everyone is clear of their own position, right?" Riddle asked once again.

It was finally the day of the Inter-dorm Spelldrive Tournament. Everyone related, including you, grim, the Heartslabyul squad, Lilia, Silver, and Sebek from Diasomnia, was gathered in Heartslabyul in the early morning for the last briefing.

Not long after Riddle and the others discovered Leona's plan, Jack Howl from Savanaclaw made contact with you. He was the only one in his dorm who knew the plan yet refused to participate in it. He noticed that you and the Heartslabyul squad were taking action to stop the scam, and it was why he came to you. With Jack's confirmation, you guys got more detailed information regarding Savanaclaw's plan. However, he wasn't there in the final briefing, so as to prevent his dorm mates from discovering his mutiny.

You didn't have the best sleeping quality last night. You had been worrying if everything would be smooth, whether the audience and other players would be safe. Although you had tried not to, you could not deny the fact that you were also worried about Leona.

According to school rules, Savanaclaw would be disqualified if they were found cheating, and today, your mission was to expose their scam.

"Y/n, are you alright?" you heard Ace asked. You shook your head so as to come back from zoning out. "Yes, I'm fine." You gave him a small smile.

The Diasomnia trio returned to their dorm to prepare for the tournament after the meeting, while you and the Heartslabyul squad got ready to go to the stadium, where the tournament would be held.

From the recording you secretly took in Savannaclaw, and Leona's admission, you knew that he would use a potion to control all the audience in the venue, so they would uncontrollably rush around, and eventually, Malleus would be stepped on and get hurt. With Malleus' absence, Savannaclaw would beat Diasomnia and the other dorms easily and become the champion.

However, you and the other would make sure that their plan would not work.

According to your plan, you would be responsible to help evacuate the visitors, so as to minimize the number of people getting injured. You could not use magic, so you were not arranged to go to thw stadium with the others. Although Riddle didn't explain that clearly, you knew that he had arranged you to this position so that you didn't need to confront Leona directly again.

Everything was ready. Ace gave you a pat on your shoulder before leaving the dorm. "Everything will go smooth, Y/n. Don't worry." He comforted.

Apart from the stadium in Savanaclaw, there was also another one on campus. It was where the tournament would be held. When you and the squad arrived at the side street outside the venue, there were already booths for selling food and souvenirs. Same as last year, they were all arranged by Azul.

The inter-dorm tournament was not just a simple intra-school competition. Due to the reputation of Night Raven College, not only would tickets be sold to the public, but the tournament would also be broadcasted worldwide. Usually, representatives from different professional leagues would come to watch the tournament, to search for potential players to join their leagues in the future. It was why Azul would not waste this precious chance of gaining profit from the food stalls.

"Be careful, Y/n!" Was what Deuce reminded you before you parted with the Heartslabyul team. Riddle and the freshmen would be standing by in the stadium, while you would be on the side street.

"You too!" You replied. Despite having Riddle, a housewarden-level mage, and more manpower on your side, you still couldn't help but worry that something out of expectation would occur. Having these concerns in your head, you walked to some less exposed area. As there was still some time before the game officially started, the audience hadn't entered the stadium area yet, and the street was almost empty. You could only see three people not far away from you, or maybe you should say one.