YOU COULD HAVE DIED

‼️ Mention of blood‼️ (sorry can't write a fighting scene without mentioning that ://

"RUN!" Was all you heard before your legs started moving and ran to the back. You could hear the beast roaring from behind, and that's the motivation for you to try and run even faster.

You didn't want to take one more look to that beast at the back, but you had already done that when you decided to look back and checked if Leona was there. You couldn't help relieving when you saw him running to the same direction behind you, although there's still a distance between the two of you. But your eyes soon fell on the three-headed beast chasing after him, it's coming.

"Don't look to the back, just run!" You heard the your upperclassman yelled.

"I AM running!" You yelled back, while your eyes were still looking at the front.

The forest was so dark that you honestly couldn't see where you're running too. There were trees, only trees, surrounding you. You could feel your ankles being scratched by the bushes. It was painful but you couldn't stop, as you could hearing the roaring getting closer and closer.

All of a sudden, you were lifted up from the ground by a pair of strong arms. "What the-" you nearly lost your balance when both of your feet  left the ground. When you could finally balance yourself, you figured out that Leona was the person who lifted you up, and you were being carried on a side of his shoulders, while he wasn't slowing down a bit and ran in a high speed.

"Leona, what are you doing, let me-" you were trying to get down, but you were immediately interrupted by the one carrying you.

"You run too slow, herbivore. That thing is gonna catch ya." You heard him said. "Perhaps you should join our fitness training next time, with the Spelldrive Team." He joked followed by a small laughter.

"Really, now??!" You rolled your eyes when the your upperclassman was still joking in such an desperate situation, literally when a beast was chasing after you two with a distance no more than 60 meters.

"Hang on, I'm gonna speed up a bit." Was all he reminded before fastening his legs and increasing his running speed. You quickly grabbed the other side of his shoulder tightly and his back with another hand so as not to fall off. You thought he was already running so fast, but after speeding up, Leona ran lightning fast and you could tell that the distance between the two of you and the three-headed dog was widened. It's hard to believe that he could run in such a high speed when he was carrying another person in his arms.

The beast never left your sights though the distance between you three was widened. It was following you no matter how many turns Leona had made, like it'd pounce on you two immediately if Leona slowed down just a bit.

Suddenly, your attention was caught by a dead bunny lying next to a tree. You were startled a bit when you saw it lying in its own blood and not moving at all. You had only seen a dead white mouse in the laboratory back then during the biology lesson. But what truly surprised you was what happened next.

The beast stopped by the bunny instead of continuing to chase you two. After consuming the bunny, you saw it start licking the red liquid on the ground.

"Kingscholar, stop for a second." You called. You wanted to look a clear look of what that creature was doing.

Leona stopped and asked confusingly, "What? Why stopping, we don't have time!"

You didn't answer the lion boy but took your limited time to observe that creature. You were right about what you had seen. The three-headed animal was consuming both the bunny and every single drop of blood of the poor rabbit.