AFRAID OF

Leona's heart pounded as he called your name in the hallway. He did not know if you would listen to him, or if you would just walk away from him.

You were surprised when you hear Leona's voice. Your emotions were telling you that you want to stay, but your rationality was telling you otherwise. What Leona said back in Ramshackle Dorm and Mostro Lounge popped up in your mind. His cold voice caused your rationality to win over your emotions.

You stopped, and Leona was glad for a second when he saw that, but the tiny relief slowly faded as he heard what you said.

"I am in a rush, Kingscholar-senpai." was all you left for him with an emotionless voice before you started walking away again.

"I only need 2 minutes," Leona voiced while reaching out his hand, but it stopped in midair followed by him taking it back. His chest area felt heavy and hollowed for the way you called him as if you two were strangers, but he could not give up like that. "please."

Your determination to leave was moved. You once again stopped. You gave in to your own feelings. Perhaps deep down, you did want to stay for him.

"Wait a minute!!" All of a sudden, someone yelled behind Leona. The next second, the idiot trio—— Ace, Deuce, and Grim ran out from the Mirror Chamber. They rushed to your front and widened their arms, building a 'wall' and blocking Leona from you.

You did not know that the trio would do that, and you had no idea what their plan was. Similarly, Leona was startled by the sudden action of his underclassmen. He looked at the three freshmen with confusion, "What is this?"

"If you want to talk to Y/n, you have to get through us first!" Grim, who was standing on the shoulders of Ace and Deuce was the one who voiced first, but that only made the lion even more puzzled.

"Who knows if you would make Y/n sad again?" Ace followed his kitten friend and added.

"If you make Y/n sad again, my fist and my cauldron will not show any mercy!" Deuce turned into his gangster mode with his fist crushing into his other palm.

Leona did not expect the trio would be so protective, that they stood firm right in front of you, not letting him get closer to you.

"Tsk, what do you kids want exactly?" Leona sighed impatiently. There wasn't any way he could walk over the boys and get to you.

A smirk appeared on Ace's face. He turned to Grim and asked, "Ah Grim, what did you say that was sold in the cafeteria today?"

When it came to food, it never failed to excite the kitten. "Grilled cheese it is!!" he cheered.

Hearing the question of Ace, Deuce already knew his friend's intention, and so he corporated immediately. "Oh yes! The bakery from the town has come to our school today! It has been a while since lunch, and I feel hungry..." Deuce shook his head dramatically.

"If someone gives us a treat, we must run to the cafeteria immediately." Ace sighed, pretending to be hungry and upset.

Leona figured out what the freshmen were trying to ask for. He sighed while taking out his wallet from his pocket and picked out a card. He then gave it to the trio, "Take it. Order whatever you want."

Seeing the credit card in their upperclassman's hand, the trio immediately took it. "Thank you Leona-senpai!! Take your time to talk with Y/n!" they cheered before running away to the cafeteria.

When Ace walked past Leona, the playful smile on his faded. Instead, a serious expression was shown as he looked at his upperclassman, giving him a warning look before he again put on the grin and caught up with his friends.