TAKE A REST WOULD YOU?

"I still don't understand why we have to come to the botanical garden, Kingscholar." You shook your head as you put down the heavy files on a mat place on the grass.

Leona sat on the mat without any haste before he laid down and rested his cheek on his palm. "Well, it's simply because you need my help, and I need the botanical garden." For sleeping. You could tell even if he didn't say it.

You couldn't but roll your eyes helplessly for the fact that you needed the help of the lion to finish your work. Well, not totally "your" work, but actually "his" work, to be precise.

You followed the lion and sat down on the yellow mat. You could tell the mat was an luxurious one. The fabric felt soft and comfortable, probably expensive silk cloth.

"You like the mat, huh?" The upperclassman asked. He probably saw your fingers unaware stroking the mat.

You lifted up your head as you heard the question and slightly nodded. "It feels comfortable." It's probably from the Scalding Sand, according to what you had read from the books.

"Nice guess, herbivore. It is from the Scalding Sand." He nodded. It was a silk mat given by his family, Leona told. "They originally told me to tailor make a robe with it. Who would wear a freaking gold robe made with such an expensive silk in a freaking high school? Think before he gives a present, would him?" Leona showed an annoyed face when he complained.

"So I thought of using it to make a mat and put it in the botanical garden." So he could sleep on it instead of the hard floor or the grass which would make him feel itchy.

"Are you at least a little bit shameful for having been procrastinating the works that you should have finished long time ago, Captain?" You came back from the discussion on the mat and asked, emphasising the lazy beastman's title.

Leona kept his eyes closed and laid the back of his head on his palms. "It wasn't my fault that the previous managers were too frightened to ask me to finish the documents." He replied, as if he didn't own any responsibility. "Congratulations herbivore. You are the first one who is courageous enough to come to me." He winked with a playful smile.

You ignored the "compliment". To be honest you didn't even consider it as one. "Why do I always end up like this?" You could only asked yourself helplessly.

Of all the works that Crowley had thrown to you, being the manager of the Spelldrive Team was the most troublesome. Just a few days ago, you were asked to complete and tidy all the documents of the team in the pass three years. It was because of nothing of the lazy lion having been being the captain of the team since his second year, but had never even touched those accumulated documents. Therefore, they're on you, aka Crowley's free labour.

Being the prefect of Ramshackle Dorm, being responsible for the behaviour or Grim, cleaning up various mess assigned by the headmage, not mentioning you were trying to keep up your grades. Your school life was already busy enough even without this extra job.

"You won't let the kindest principal who offers you a place to live in down, right?" You could still recall that smile on the headmage's face.

Having no chance to refuse, you could only accept the job, but of course, you wouldn't let yourself suffer alone. That's why you decided to go to the 3A classroom, and dragged the lion out to help you. How would you let the captain slip away from the works that were supposed to be his? Besides, he's the best person to ask if you had any problems. He's the captain, after all. What you didn't expect was him insisting to do the work in the botanical garden.

"Let's get started." You tightened the ponytail lying on the back of your neck and rubbed your eyes. To be honest, you were not on your best state today. Your eye lids had been heavy since the morning and your body had been signalling you to sleep. However, with the deadline given by Crowley, you had no choice but try your best to focus. You opened a thick grey file and also the computer borrowed from the headmage. "First, the financial report of the team two years ago. I have a question here. I can't find the expense on the broomsticks, do you know——"