꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚢𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚍 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"I DON'T GET WHY WE HAD TO COME HERE." Skyler complained with a grimace as the trio trekked through the Smoky Mountains to find Klaus his wolves, "My shoes are so ruined after this." She grumbled.

"I'll buy you ten new pairs after we're done here." Klaus told her, glaring at her making Stefan huff, hiding a laugh as he carried Ray unconscious on his shoulders, "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" He asked mockingly.

"I'm fine." Stefan responded curtly.

"You sure about that?" Klaus said, continuing conversationally, "You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down...

"Yes please." Skyler chimed helpfully.

Stefan sighed, "You know I get that we're uh... we're stuck together, but if we could maybe skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding." Klaus commented teasingly.

"Your self-loathing is suffocating, brother." Skyler added.

Stefan looked at her biting back a comment until he looked at Klaus and seemingly couldn't hold it in anymore, "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves with my brother in law." He snarked, giving a pointed look to Skyler as if saying 'yeah, still not over that,' "We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." Klaus said nodding as they stopped.

Sure enough, in front of them was a camp full of werewolves, Skyler cringed. Stefan entered the camp and everyone looked at him as he put Ray on the ground, a woman immediately rushed over to him, crying out.

"Ray! Oh my god, what's going on? Who are you?"

Taking that as their cue, Klaus and Skyler stepped out, heads held high. Their entrance had eyes going to them, it seemed everyone in the camp could sense they were powerful. Good.

"The important question is who am I." Klaus told them smugly, "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid." A woman pointed out in horror.

Klaus smirked, "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

____________

"It's fascinating, actually." Klaus narrated as he, Stefan, and Skyler sit in the camp with the wolves standing all around them, staring, "A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

Skyler titled her head as Ray began to wake up, "Looks like our play toys awake." She commented.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." Klaus told the man.

Ray looked around confused, "What's happening to me?"

"Stefan?" Klaus gestured for him to explain.

Stefan stood up, "Are any of you human?" He asked the wolves, "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much, just a sip." Skyler told them menacingly, all three vampires or hybrid in Klaus' case, knew that once Ray started... it wouldn't be a sip. But they didn't need to know that.

"Anyone? A boyfriend, girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus asked, looking at a man, "You!"

Klaus ran up to the man, biting his forearm. Stefan grabbed him, throwing him on the ground in front of Ray as the woman from before protested however Skyler stopped her before she could do anything, strangling her with her bare hands. What? She needed some action.