Author Notes

A Lost Voice is a written as a script, and if you'd prefer a traditional format Defying our Mandate is the place to look! Both stories loosely follow the plot of the Chimera Ant Arc from Hunter x Hunter. There are some minor characters who do not die like they do in the actual plot. The rest of the story follows the events of the arc albeit being altered to fit this story.

Furthermore, Pitou will be referred to with they/them pronouns to accommodate their gender ambiguity. Meruem will be referred to as his actual name when it is time for his dialogue but his actual name won't be used between characters until it's finally revealed. The characters will mostly refer to him as Supreme Leader, King, etc.

~•~•~•~

Note: This story is written in such a way that it will switch between perspectives, including the first-person, second-person, and an omniscient third-person narrator. Any switches between characters' dialouge will be indicated as followed:

Bold Text indicates where the main character, Mara, is talking with means outside of actually speaking, as for most of the story she is mute. For the majority of the story she will have some means to communicate which will be established within the storyline.

Italics are used when characters are thinking to themselves.

*Paragraphs* starting and ending with astericks indicate when the omniscient third-person is speaking.