Chapter 6

*The two arrive in front of the library, Meruem entering first. Mara follows suit, slightly offended at the King's negligence to hold the door.*

Mara

Is it just a common trait among leaders to lack any sort of manners?!

*Dejectedly sighing, Mara makes her way to the same desk, Meruem following suit. As she moves through the stacks of the library, she finds Peggy reading in a nook. He takes notice of the King behind her first, standing and bowing immediately. Once upright, he gives a small wave to Mara that she returns with a warm smile.*

Meruem

How has this human already formed such close relationships with other ants... it's infuriating!

*Peggy quietly sits back down, noticing the annoyance written across the King's face. Mara continues walking ahead, sitting down in front of the computer expectantly waiting for Meruem to join her. Meruem composes himself and sits next to her.*

Mara

Since we last chatted, do you have any new questions?

*Meruem hesitates a bit before speaking.*

Meruem

"When I walked into the kitchen earlier, I noticed one of the subordinates staring at your chest. When I noticed this, I had a weird feeling in my heart... like I was annoyed that he was looking at you. What was this?"

*Hearing Meruem's blunt anecdote, Mara pulls her dress up in self-consciousness, a blush creeping onto her face.*

"That too. Why do you keep turning red?"

Mara

Is he talking about Cheetu!?

To start from the beginning, what this subordinate was doing is most likely associated with an emotion called 'lust.'

This emotion is one that originates from the innate sense to reproduce, but as the world entered an era of modernization it has grown to become more ambiguous due to societal constructs. Sometimes people can't help but ogle at what they find to be attractive, although most have the decency to be discrete...

*Mara sighs, placing a hand on her face in a bid to stop herself from blushing. Once composed, she begins to type again.*

Lust also comes in tamer forms. There's a concept humans call a 'crush.' This refers to someone that a person finds attractive. On a positive note, a crush can turn into a blooming romance, but on the flip side it can turn into stalking and obsession.

To answer your second question, the reason I kept turning red was out of either embarrassment or because I was flustered.

Going back to what I was saying about a crush, sometimes if you're interacting with your crush and you're so overjoyed to be in their presence you can get flustered, meaning it's hard to form coherent sentences or think at all. This can make your stomach and heart feel like it's fluttering. This phenomena is known as 'butterflies.'

When you are mentally incapacitated, you can often embarrass yourself by saying something wrong or something you didn't mean to say. When you realize your mistake, your face can turn red with embarrassment. This is called 'blushing.'

This is only one example of how blushing could occur. To put it in a broader sense, flustered-ness and subsequent blushing could occur anytime you do something that you personally find to be embarrassing... such as me walking straight into you, which I apologize profusely for.