Chapter 1

Mara

Morning already? Let's see... that marks this the seven thousandth and ninety-fifth sunrise then.

*Mara stands on top of her bed, peering out of the one small window her room possesses.*

Today there is a slightly orange hue... how curious.

*Satisfied with the view, Mara precariously makes her way down to the floor. Leaning over the indoor balcony of the second story of her room, she surveys the floor below her, searching for something to catch her eye.*

Alexandra brought a new cookbook... she's too good to me. If the other soldiers knew about her visits she'd be demoted in no time. No matter how harshly I act she acts on her own volition... I yearn for that courage.

*Dejectedly sighing, Mara makes her way down the staircase to the first floor of her room, picking up the cookbook left for her on her desk. After freshening herself in the bathroom below the second story's balcony, Mara opens the cookbook, taking her time to flip through the pages.*

Kimberly Reid huh? The recipes she's detailed all look phenomenal! Speaking of which... the Supreme Leader should be visiting soon... in his typical fashion.

*Mara picks out a recipe for crêpes and begins to cook in the small kitchenette located on the right of the separate bathroom. Lost in thought she doesn't immediately recognize the entrance of the Supreme Leader and his entourage.*

Masador Diego

"You insolent bitch! I know you're mute but I didn't know you're slow as well! Get over here immediately and repent."

*Mara spins around, a look of shock written across her face. She wastes no time kneeling in front of the Supreme Leader and the two guards next to him, her head touching the floor.*

"Look at me."

*The Supreme Leader pulls Mara's hair, her head harshly yanked upwards. With tears in her eyes, Mara gazes at the man in front of her with a look of reservation.*

"Don't forget who you belong to you scum. I've given you a lavish lifestyle, everything you could ever want! I expect sufficient compensation."

*Mara lowers her eyes, averting her gaze. The Supreme Leader lets go of Mara's hair, allowing her to stand.*

"I smell something appetizing. You better not disappoint me Mara. The second you serve me a subpar meal I'll have you executed in the most grotesque way imaginable!"

*The Supreme Leader laughs maniacally, sitting down at the small dining table facing towards the kitchenette. The two soldiers accompanying the Supreme Leader stand behind his chair. Mara goes back to the kitchen and finishes plating the food she made, making sure to add garnishes that live up to the Supreme Leader's standards.

Mara walks over and serves the food to the Supreme Leader. He immediately digs in before she even has a chance to sit across from him.*

Mara

For royalty he sure lacks any sort of manners... how ironic considering the courses he put me through.

*Mara sighs and eats her own food, her appetite suddenly vanishing as she watches the Supreme Leader talk with his mouth full.*

Masador Diego

"By the way, I'll have a soldier come fetch you later. I want you next to me tonight as the dancers from York New City perform. Consider it a special treat for your recent complacency~"