Chapter 34

*The next couple weeks pass by in a hazy blur. Meruem forbids Mara from entering the throne room, as he's using the space to prepare for the wedding. He orders Pouf to bring Peggy to the palace, planning to ask the man for advice once again.

By noontime the same day, Peggy had arrived. He enters the throne room and bows.*

Peggy

"It's an honor to be back here. What can I do for you?"

Meruem

"I'm sure you're well aware that I've been engaged to Mara for a couple months now. I've started on wedding preparations but I figured you'd know more about this human ceremony than I do... your expertise would be of great aid."

Peggy

"I've never been to or seen one, but there's plenty of them described in literature. Have you decided on a location yet?"

Meruem

"I'd like to host the ceremony somewhere public for the citizens to attend. Preferably the cathedral a couple towns over... the one perched on a hill that overlooks the sea."

Peggy

"That sounds lovely. It's fairly centrally located too, citizens should have no trouble making the trip."

Meruem

"Mm. I figured everyone can celebrate on their own, but I'd like some alone time with Mara. She's been so busy between her duties, her training, and her personal obligations that I hardly see her. We both need some down time as well."

Peggy

"That makes sense. You can leave the ceremony preparations to me. I'm sure you have many ideas for your own getaway."

*Awkwardly, Meruem hesitates before speaking.*

Meruem

"I know I haven't treated you the best but I'm grateful for the help. Thank you, truly."

Peggy

"Don't worry about it, the past is the past. As Mara would say, it's good to give people a second chance."

*Meruem smiles, and the two continue preparing for the royal wedding. Meanwhile, Meruem had designated Pitou in charge of finding a suitable wedding dress.

Pitou approaches Mara's personal chamber, knocking on the door.*

Mara

"Come in!"

Pitou

"Good afternoon Your Majesty. I was ordered by the King to help you find a suitable dress, although I probably would've ended up butting in anyways even if he hadn't said anything."

Mara

"I was counting on it. I'm torn over a couple different options, they're all so beautiful. What do you think of these?"

*Mara holds up a couple photographs of different dresses. The two spend the night deep in conversation, debating over which type of dress to get.

Before long, the day of the ceremony had arrived. Per tradition, Mara stays out of sight of Meruem. In the crowd is Youpi, Pitou, and Pouf, along with Bean and a couple of the Zodiacs. Everyone begins to take their seats in the cathedral, the morning light shining through the intricate stained glass windows. Organs play softly in the background and beautiful arrangements of flowers and plants line the walls. At the front of the cathedral stands Meruem and a priest, both waiting eagerly for the bride.