Chapter 14

*The Hunter Association has finally caught wind of the situation in the NGL and East Gorteau thanks to the efforts of their biological survey team. Per the request of the world leaders, top rate hunters across the globe are being dispatched to mitigate the situation, including Hunter Association chairman Isaac Netero. Netero had since moved into East Gorteau, a mescal of thoughts weighing him down.*

Netero

I haven't been around these parts for nineteen years... I still feel horrible leaving Rose all by herself. Then again, she was always the one pushing me to achieve my goals, she would've wanted this! I can only pray that our children are okay...

*Separately from Netero, other hunters have continued their advance into East Gorteau following the birth and relocation of the King. Amongst the various groups are Gon and Killua, accompanied by Kite. The three are ahead of any of the other hunter groups, slowly but surely making their way to the palace the King occupied. As they continue their pursuit, Pitou had left the palace in search of rare humans in the same vicinity.*

Pitou

I sense three extraordinary auras nearby... this will be a fun fight!

*Back at the palace, Pouf is standing guard outside the throne room when he spots Youpi returning to his post.*

Pouf

"Youpi, where have you been!? Pitou has been out hunting for rares and I've been stuck guarding both your posts!"

Youpi

"The King ordered me to take the chess player home. So I did."

*Peeved, Pouf shoots Youpi a glare before flying off to the palace roof.*

Pouf

What is His Majesty thinking not killing that lowly player?! This is all happening because of that stupid girl he's so adamant about keeping around... I need to dispose of her! The King can't succumb to any more of her bewitching emotions!!

*Pouf paces back and forth on the roof, mumbling to himself as he walks.*

The best way to go about this is to wait until she's isolated... like when she goes to meditate! Pitou's en could be a problem though, they could alert the King before I have a chance to kill her. Wait, what am I saying!? Us royal guards would never succumb to sparring a human, Pitou would understand where I'm coming from! As long as the King is distracted I'll have a good enough window of time to dispose of the girl before he has a chance to realize!

So be it if I'm punished... I'm doing this for the King! For the King! I should go find the next champion... hopefully they can hold their own long enough to provide a distraction.

*Satisfied with his scheming, Pouf sits down on the roof and waits for Pitou to return. After what seems like an eternity to Pouf, Pitou climbs up to the roof via one of the palace windows.*

Pitou

"You're free to go out now."

Pouf

"Tch! Took you long enough!"

Pitou

"Apologies, I found an entertaining new toy~"

*Pouf flamboyantly rolls his eyes in annoyance, flying off in search of the next champion.

Bored and alone once again, Meruem leaves his throne room in search of Mara. This time he finds her outside on the main lawn, spotting two familiar subordinates with her, as well as one he doesn't recognize. He deems it best to observe from afar.