Chapter 11

*The following morning, Meruem makes his way to the throne room and continues playing chess with the champion. The two play without break until the evening, when the player suddenly collapses mid-game. Confused, Meruem summons Pitou.

Pitou bows in front of the two.*

Pitou

"What can I do for you this evening?"

Meruem

"Attend to the chess player, they've suddenly collapsed."

Pitou

"As you wish."

*Pitou stands and summons Dr. Blythe, letting the doctor do a quick examination.*

"This human is perfectly fine, albeit hungry. It's been a few days since Pouf brought them to the palace and I'm sure no one has thought to feed them. They were probably too scared to venture out of their room, unlike some of our other guests..."

*Annoyed, Meruem stands and moves to sit on his throne.*

Meruem

"Have Mara cook for them. When they've made a full recovery bring them back to the throne room to continue our match."

Pitou

"Of course Your Highness."

*Pitou picks the unconscious player up and leaves the throne room. They carry the player through the halls and back to their room. Once settled down, Pitou leaves in search of Mara. Using their extensive en it doesn't take long for them to find Mara already in the kitchen, cooking a meal for herself and Reina.

Pitou walks into the kitchen and sits down at the counter.*

Pitou

"I came here to tell you that the King has requested you cook for one of his guests... a human chess player. Their room is the door left of your own."

*Mara turns and nods in acknowledgment, noticing Reina watching Pitou with a mixture of fear and curiosity in her eyes.*

"I have no other business here, so I'll take my leave."

*Mara stops her cooking and grabs Pitou's wrist, her board in her other hand.*

Mara

Unless you have something to attend to, you're more than welcome to join us for dinner. I've made plenty of food, would you like some?

Pitou

"That'd be nice, thank you. What did you make this time?"

Mara

I decided on a beef and barley soup considering it's a bit chilly today.

*Pitou nods and sits back down next to Reina who says a timid hello out of respect. Pitou smiles back at the young girl, although due to their intimidating aura, Reina perceives it as more of a grimace. Averting her gaze, Reina focuses on watching Mara, Pitou following suit.

Mara soon finishes her cooking and lays bowls out for the three of them. Reina and Pitou dig in, Mara preparing a bowl for the chess player.*

Pitou

This is incredible! In the short time Mara has reopened her nodes, the taste of her food has improved ten-fold... it's clearly evident now that nen has been imbued into this.

"It's delicious Mara. When you have a chance, please bring a bowl up to the player.*

Mara