Chapter 26

*Cheetu's comment catches Mara off guard and she bursts out laughing. Many others join in, the room quickly filling with a joyous and pleasant atmosphere. After everyone had settled down, Mara begins to speak.*

Mara

"As many of you know, I've spent a good portion of my life without a voice. Your King was the one who restored my freedom, the one who retrieved my voice, and the one who pieced my fragmented self together again."

"Now that I have a voice with which to speak, I'd like to properly thank you all. Alongside the King, you have all given me a second chance at life, an opportunity I wish to return to you all. I recognize there are those who have things they wish to atone for, and I wish to aid those who desire to change. Human or chimera ant. Many of you have come to me proclaiming that you must pick one side over the other. This is simply false. To deny one part of yourself is to deny the whole. The reign I am promoting is one that is peaceful. I will aid and uplift those around me, emphasizing the unity of oneself and of each other. Regardless of race, social status, or species, we are one!"

"I will do everything in my power to create a kingdom of unity and prosperity, one that won't have to resort to violence. If there are those who wish to oppose my word, and the word of your King, speak now or forever hold your peace."

*The room collectively bows to their Queen, her eloquent demeanor easily convincing them.*

Pitou

The golden resonation... it is a powerful weapon in a most unconventional sense. A power truly befitting Mara...

Mara

"Please, be at ease. I have been bestowed the title of Queen, and have accepted the position, but do not treat me differently because of it. I might be your Queen, but I am first and foremost your friend. I want to understand your concerns and needs as an equal, not as an obligation."

Musician 1

A human woman has risen to become the Queen of chimera ants... how is this possible!? It's unheard of!

Musician 2

The former Supreme Leader was a greedy bastard who hoarded the nation's wealth for himself... I quite like the sound of this new reign!

Mara

"I urge you all to stay here and celebrate. To celebrate life and it's fleeting complexity. We shall celebrate until the sun rises, and when it does, a new era shall emerge!"

*Everyone collectively cheers and Mara queues the musicians to restart the music. Mara turns around to face Meruem, a smile slowly creeping onto her face.*

Meruem

"I have no doubt in my mind you will make a most excellent Queen. You are compassionate, selfless, and articulate. Why don't we go join the others?"

*Meruem invites Mara to take his arm, her quickly intertwining her arm with his own. The newly acclaimed royal couple make their way down to the dance floor, the room bowing in recognition as they approach.*

Mara

"You all must stop the formalities and enjoy the festivities! Youpi!!"