Chapter 17

*Upon exiting the throne room, Pouf walks through the corridors of the palace as he peeks through the windows. He inconspicuously searches for Mara, waiting for the most opportune moment to ambush her.*

Pouf

Pitou and Youpi are both occupied with guard duty... I need to make my way over to the gardens to see where she is...

*Pouf makes his way to a window overlooking the gardens. He spots Mara sitting under the gazebo meditating, not a soul near her.*

She's finally alone! Sure took long enough...

*Unwilling to miss this opportunity, Pouf hastily and carelessly flies out of the palace and towards the gardens. He is spotted by Pitou who occupied their usual post on the roof.*

Pitou

So he's finally made his move... that bastard! I shouldn't assume anything just yet... getting on his bad side would put me in an unfavorable position.

*Pouf lands in front of the gazebo, effortlessly hiding his presence. He contently smiles to find Mara deep in meditation. Before she has a chance to react to her surroundings, Pouf opens his wings and spreads his scales onto the girl. Hypnotized, Mara slumps over. Pouf rushes up to pick up the unconscious girl and turns around in a bid to make a quick escape. Before Pouf has a chance to take a step, he is blocked by Pitou standing in the entrance.*

Pitou

"Pouf... what do you think you're doing with her?"

Pouf

"Tch! I don't expect you to understand, it seems I'm the only one who cares about the King and his ultimate goal. This human is a hindrance to His Majesty and I'm disposing of her for the greater good!"

Pitou

"Do you have a screw lose!? Even Youpi, as oblivious as he is, can tell that the King has grown to care about this human. You're doing more harm than good trying to 'dispose' of her!"

Pouf

"It seems the human has corrupted you too! I suggest you step aside, I'm doing what's right and I'll do whatever it takes to dispose of her. Whether or not that means I have to get my hands dirty in the process is to be determined..."

*Pitou focuses their aura on Pouf, Pouf doing the same to Pitou. Their immense bloodlust clashes with each other, sending an unsettling chill throughout the estate. Soldiers and squadron leaders flock to the source of the malice, watching the two royal guards fight from a safe distance.*

Pitou

"I simply won't let harm befall her. The King cares about her, and I care about the King. Drop her Pouf!"

Pouf

"You fool! So be it!"

*Pouf forcefully throws Mara out of his hands, Pitou grimacing as they watch her body collide with ground. Mara lies bloodied and disheveled at the far end of the gazebo, scrapes and bruises littering her body.

Pitou angrily lunges at Pouf and he dodges effortlessly. The two begin fighting, Pitou trying their best to guide the havoc as far away from Mara as possible. Between the chatter of the surrounding crowd and the clash of aura between the two guards, Meruem grows increasingly annoyed. He angrily looks up from his gungi match, frustrated that he's lost his concentration.*