Chapter 28

*Using his en to guide him through the labyrinth-like corridors, Netero effortlessly navigates his way towards the front lawn. Meruem follows close behind, meticulously watching Netero's every move.*

Netero

What does Mara see in this man...

*The two exit the palace from the main entrance, stopping at the top of a long staircase leading down to the front lawn. At the base of staircase stands Zeno and his allies on one side, Pouf and Youpi on the other. Meruem scans the crowd of humans.*

Meruem

Every presence here is proficient in nen, especially the green-haired boy...

*Upon seeing the two exit, everyone turns their attention to the top of the staircase.*

Gon

"Mr. Netero, what's going on!? You didn't forget about Kite did you!?"

*Blinded by anger and rage, Gon starts to ascend the staircase, his aura laced in malice. Using his own malicious aura, Meruem directs his towards Gon, making him freeze in his tracks. Everyone else stands and stares dumbfounded at the immense power Meruem emits.

Attention focused on the King, no one notices that both Pouf and Youpi have repositioned themselves, instead standing behind the King, silently warning the humans to watch their step.*

Netero

"I know everyone has a lot of questions and feelings brewing inside them, but I beg, give me a chance to explain what has just unfolded."

Gon

"What do you mean!? The enemy is right there! Why should I wait to enact revenge on the people who attacked Kite!?"

Killua

"Gon! The person who actually attacked Kite isn't even here... don't tell me you plan to attack indiscriminately!"

*As the humans argue amongst themselves, Meruem stands at the top of the staircase with his arms crossed, not amused at the sight. Netero starts to move down the staircase, Meruem and his guards following suit.*

Netero

"Gon please—"

*Knowing he can't oppose the chairman, Gon sits in frustration, his aura riddled in an inordinate amount of rage. With Gon subdued, Netero summarizes everything that had just happened in the palace. The group stands around shocked and befuddled, trying to process what Netero had just said.*

Knuckle

"Huhhh, Netero you have a daughter!? When didya plan on telling us that?"

Morel

"Knuckle, cut it out. You're my disciple, but even I didn't know he had a daughter..."

*Netero sighs and rubs his temples.*

Netero

"I apologize for withholding information, but as I mentioned, I presumed she was dead. This news is just as much a shock to me as it is to you. Now, because of my indiscriminate violence, she is currently fighting for her life."

"I'm in an incredible amount of debt to the ant who is currently saving her life... Please, everyone. Let me make sure my daughter is safe..."

*The group begrudgingly agrees, murmurs of concurrence barely being heard. Everyone stands around in an awkward silence, the tense atmosphere only growing as they wait for news on Mara.