Chapter 1

Kokoro Hajime has always dreamed of being a hero, like her aunt Ragdoll, but when her quirk manifested her whole world turned upside down. She couldn't stop the voices. At first everyone thought she was going crazy, that was until they found out that the voices were real and belonged to the people around her. They all thought she was insane for going inside their heads without them knowing and Kokoro soon became an outcast in school. Her dream of becoming a hero was shattered in an instant. However that didn't stop her from trying to prove everyone wrong.
.
.
.
It was now the day of the entrance exam to UA school and Kokoro had been training her ass off. She had been practicing a fighting technique that depended on knowledge and agility, chi blocking. She knew everyone's weaknesses just by looking at them and had her training to bring them down. Not only that, but she had been trying to develop her quirk and can now successfully deceive her opponents senses just by placing images into their brain. She was truly ready for the entrance exam.

Or so she thought.

Kokoro knew she would ace the written exam but when it came to the practical she knew it wasn't fair. What use did mind reading have against fucking robots, nothing. The androids that she would be facing were bigger than her and had a huge advantage in strength and speed. The green haired girl didn't stand a chance. So she did all that she could do, suck it up. It was no use arguing with the teachers about this and she had to at least try to get into the hero course, so she had to just get on with it.
.
.
.
One week later

The telepath kept her head down as she walked to her room with a letter from UA, she knew she didn't do well in the practical and she only managed to count up 7 points. The whole event kept replaying in her head, she was so frustrated with herself for not being able to do better but most of all she felt angry. How could she compete against people who could just blow the robots up, her quirk was much better suited against living things. Hell, she could even read the mind of her dog if she concentrated hard enough. But that didn't matter now, all she had to do was build up the courage to open the letter.

After a few minutes of self doubt, she mind reader did it. She opened the letter and instantly played the hologram before she could change her mind. To her surprise, it was a hologram of All Might. "Young Hajime, you have been accepted into UA high school and will join class 1C at the start of the school year. You uniform and supplies will arrive shortly. Now go ahead and do your best. Plus ultra."

Hajime sighed and set her head in her hands. From all around the city, students were internally screaming about getting into UA, she could even recognise a few voices from the entrance exam. It didn't make her feel better at all. Hajime had enough. If she couldn't get into the hero course then she would just have to train harder and push past her limits.

"Plus ultra, huh." She recalled from the hologram.

Authors note: I didn't feel as though the way Hajime acted in the practical exam would benefit the story, it wouldn't allow her to show off her full capabilities. So I decided not to add it. The story will get more interesting in the future. :)